|Population||133 (Dec 2012)|
|- Density||2 /km2 (4 /sq mi)|
|Area||78.04 km2 (30.13 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,538 m (5,046 ft)|
|Surrounded by||Airolo (TI), Bedretto (TI), Göschenen, Hospental, Oberwald (VS)|
Realp is first mentioned in 1363 as Riealb.
Realp has an area, as of 2006[update], of 78 km2 (30 sq mi). Of this area, 41.6% is used for agricultural purposes, while 2.3% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.6% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (55.4%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains). In the 1993/94 land survey[update], 0.2% of the total land area was heavily forested, while 2.1% is covered in small trees and shrubbery. Of the agricultural land, 1.6% is used for orchards or vine crops and 40.0% is used for alpine pastures. Of the settled areas, 0.1% is covered with buildings, and 0.5% is transportation infrastructure. Of the unproductive areas, 0.1% is unproductive standing water (ponds or lakes), 1.1% is unproductive flowing water (rivers), 43.3% is too rocky for vegatation, and 10.9% is other unproductive land.
The municipality is located on the rise into the Furka Pass.
Realp has a population (as of 31 December 2012) of 133. As of 2007[update], 7.8% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has decreased at a rate of -22.7%. All of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German. As of 2007[update] the gender distribution of the population was 50.3% male and 49.7% female.
Realp has an unemployment rate of 0.74%. As of 2005[update], there were 8 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 5 businesses involved in this sector. people are employed in the secondary sector and there are businesses in this sector. 63 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 16 businesses in this sector.
Realp has a small T-bar with a beginner run. It is part of the Skiarena Andermatt-Sedrun. Nearby there is cross-country skiing, and a biathlon course.
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 29 August 2013
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Realp in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 09-Sep-2009
- Canton Uri - Ground use statistics (German) accessed 8 September 2009
- Uri Population statistics (German) accessed 8 September 2009
- Uri in Numbers 2009/10 edition (German) accessed 8 September 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Realp.|