|Born||Rebecca Jo Budig
June 26, 1973
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
Rebecca Jo Budig (//; born June 26, 1973) is an American actress and television presenter, best known for her role as Greenlee Smythe Lavery on the ABC soap opera All My Children from 1999 to the 2011 network ending. She currently plays the role of Hayden Barnes on another ABC soap opera General Hospital.
Rebecca Budig was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, the daughter of Mary Jo, a homemaker, and George Budig, a businessman. She was raised in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. She graduated from the Cincinnati Public Schools School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) and later went on to major in zoology at Miami University in Ohio. In 1993, Budig moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue an acting career. While there, she began studying with acting coaches Howard Fine and Jay Goldenberg at the Howard Fine Acting Studio and at the Young Actors Space, respectively.
Budig played the role of Patty in Captain Nuke and the Bomber Boys in 1995. She then portrayed Babsy in the 1996 film God's Lonely Man, followed by James Dean: A Race with Destiny where she played actress Natalie Wood and Bonehead Detectives in the Paleo World where she played Allie. Both films were released in 1997.
Budig's most famous role has been that of the spoiled, rich girl-turned-makeup company executive Greenlee Smythe on All My Children—a role which she originated on August 11, 1999. Greenlee was supposed to be a recurring role, but executives enjoyed Budig and offered her a three-year contract. While on All My Children, Budig garnered accolades from fans and press for her performance on the soap opera, as well as her character's pairing with Josh Duhamel's Leo du Pres. She was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2001 and again in 2003. Her onscreen pairing with Duhamel earned them a Daytime Emmy Award nomination as well, for America's Favorite Couple in 2002. She was often called "Little Budig" by Duhamel, who had given her the nickname. In 2003, Budig won a Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Younger Lead Actress. In November 2005, Budig left the show to relocate to California.
Other notable roles include co-hosting The Sports Illustrated for Kids Show. Budig worked for the World Wrestling Federation as an interviewer for a short time on Sunday Night HEAT in 2000. She has made appearances on Out of Practice, as well as on Hope & Faith. She did a movie called The Perfect Child (2007) featured on Lifetime with the leading role as Sarah Daniels. In addition, Budig has been seen on CSI playing a role as a murdered lap dancer (Season 8, Episodes 9 & 10).
It was confirmed in late 2007 that Budig would be returning to All My Children as Greenlee Smythe, the role she originated. She had been replaced by another actress Sabine Singh earlier that year. She returned to the show in January 2008. However, she signed a limited contract with the show. Later, while rumors circulated of Budig's departure, she confirmed in October 2008 that she would be leaving the series again in February 2009. Budig cited the reason for her departure as wanting to return to the West Coast to be with her husband. Budig returned to 'All My Children in late December 2009 (when the show relocated production to Los Angeles), and remained with the series until its series finale in September 2011.
In 2010, Budig won the first and only season of the ABC show Skating with the Stars. The show paired celebrities with professional ice skaters, who competed each week. Since September 2013, she began co-hosting the syndicated lifestyle television show Better, alongside JD Roberto. In 2012, she appeared with Janeane Garofalo in the comedic movie Bad Parents. In February 2015, it was announced that Budig had been cast on General Hospital in an unknown "killer" role. She debuted the role of Hayden Barnes on March 20, 2015.
Budig is the youngest of eight children, she has five sisters and two brothers. In 2000, Budig married Dr. Daniel Gellar; the marriage only lasted several months.
She met former Bachelor star Bob Guiney while hosting the The Bachelor repeat shows on ABC Family. The two were married on July 3, 2004. On January 13, 2010, People Magazine reported that Budig and Guiney had decided to split, with Budig filing for divorce in April 2010.
Budig became engaged to television marketing executive Michael Benson on Christmas Day in 2010. The pair married in 2012. On May 1, 2014, Budig announced that she was five-months pregnant with the couple's first baby. On September 8, 2014, Budig gave birth to her first child, a daughter named, Charlotte Jo Benson.
|1993||Form... Focus... Fitness, the Marky Mark Workout||Female Workout Partner|
|1994||Moment of Truth: Murder or Memory?||Kathy Hansen|
|1995||Captain Nuke and the Bomber Boys||Patty Conrad|
|Batman Forever||Teenage Girl|
|1996||God's Lonely Man||Babsy|
|1997||James Dean: A Race with Destiny||Natalie Wood|
|Bonehead Detectives in the Paleo World||Allie|
|2002||Pride & Loyalty||Kelly Francini|
|The Perfect Child||Sarah Daniels|
|2010||Date Night||Unnamed Woman|
|1995–1998||Guiding Light||Michelle Bauer||Role: November 30, 1995 – November 4, 1998|
|1999–2011||All My Children||Greenlee Smythe||Role: August 11, 1999 – November 30, 2005; January 16, 2008 – February 17, 2009; March 19, 2009; December 22, 2009 – September 23, 2011.|
|2003–2004||Hope & Faith||Brooke Spencer||4 episodes|
|2006||Out of Practice||Dr. Carla Munson||1 episode|
|2007||CSI||Joanna "Candy" Krumsky||2 episodes|
|2009||How I Met Your Mother||Holli||1 episode|
|2010||Skating with the Stars||Contestant||Won the competition|
|2011||Castle||Mandy Bronson||1 episode|
|2013||Blue Bloods||Connie||1 episode December 20, 2013|
|2015||General Hospital||Hayden Barns||Role: March 20, 2015 - present|
Awards and nominations
|2001||All My Children||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2001||All My Children||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Outstanding Younger Lead Actress||Nominated|
|2002||All My Children||Daytime Emmy Awards||Special Fan Award for America's Favorite Couple, shared with Josh Duhamel||Nominated|
|2003||All My Children||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2003||All My Children||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Outstanding Younger Lead Actress||Won|
|2003||All My Children||OFTA Television Award||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2005||All My Children||Daytime Emmy Awards||Special Fan Award for Irresistible Combination shared with Cameron Mathison||Nominated|
|2014||Rebecca Budig||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Host in a Lifestyle/Travel Program||Nominated|
- "Soap Star Stats - ABC: Rebecca Budig (Greenlee, AMC)". Soap Opera Digest. Retrieved 2008-01-24.
- O'Neill, Jerry. "ABC: That Girl". Soap Opera Weekly. Retrieved 2007-12-11.
- "Best New Couple". Soap Opera Digest. Retrieved 2007-09-06.
- "Budig Returns to Role of Greenlee". soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- SOD (February 10, 2015). "REBECCA BUDIG JOINS GH!". Soap Opera Digest (United States: soapoperadigest.com). American Media. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- Simms, Richard M. (February 10, 2015). "Rebecca Budig Joins GH!". ABC Soaps In Depth (United States: soapsindepth.com). Bauer Media. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- Simms, Richard M. (January 6, 2011). "Budig To Be A Bride!". ABC Soaps In Depth. Bauer Media Group. Retrieved January 6, 20111. Check date values in:
- "Bachelor Bob Guiney and Rebecca Budig to Divorce". TVGuide.com.
- Rizzo, Monica; Byrne, Alla (January 6, 20144). "Rebecca Budig Is Engaged". People (Time Inc.). Retrieved January 6, 2011. Check date values in:
- Us Weekly Staff; Celebrity Body (January 7, 2011). "Bachelor Bob's Ex Rebecca Budig Engaged: See Her Ring!". Us Weekly (Wenner Media). Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- Waldholz, Chantal (November 5, 2013). "'The Bachelor' Star Bob Guiney Set to Reunite With Ex-Wife Rebecca Budig !". Life & Style (Bauer Media Group). Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- Lewis, Errol (May 1, 2014). "WATCH: Former 'All My Children' Actress Rebecca Budig Announces Pregnancy On 'The Better Show' Read more: WATCH: Former 'All My Children' Actress Rebecca Budig Announces Pregnancy On 'The Better Show'". Soapoperanetwork.com. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "'AMC's' Rebecca Budig Welcomes Baby Girl; Shares Her Feelings About Being a First Time Mom! - Soap Opera Network". soapoperanetwork.com.