Rebecca Moesta Anderson (born November 17, 1956 in Heidelberg, West Germany) is the author of several science fiction books. Although born in Germany, Rebecca was born to American parents and raised in Pasadena, California, where she lived until her early twenties. Rebecca graduated with a Bachelor of Liberal Arts from Cal State L.A.. and shortly after graduation married a former classmate from Caltech, becoming Rebecca Moesta Cowan.
In 1981, the couple moved to New Haven, Connecticut, where they lived for one year until they moved to Darmstadt, Germany, until 1987. In Germany Rebecca took graduate courses with Boston University and earned a Master of Science degree in Business Administration. During their stay in Germany she gave birth to her son, Jonathan, before moving back to the United States and settling in Livermore, California.
In 1989, Rebecca took a position at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory as a proof reader and copy editor. There she formed a science fiction club in which she met her future husband Kevin J. Anderson. She divorced her first husband in 1990 and married Anderson in 1991.
The couple started working together writing science fiction novels and to date has written two Titan A.E. young adult novels, two high-tech pop-up books, and fourteen Star Wars novels, the Young Jedi Knights series. The couple owns and runs the company Wordfire, and Rebecca is currently working on several new projects, including copy editing her husband's works.
- Heirs of the Force (June 1995) (ISBN 0-425-16949-9)
- Shadow Academy (September 1995) (ISBN 0-425-17153-1)
- The Lost Ones (December 1995) (ISBN 0-425-16999-5)
- Lightsabers (February 1996) (ISBN 0-425-16951-0)
- Darkest Knight (May 1996) (ISBN 0-425-16950-2)
- Jedi Under Siege (August 1996) (ISBN 0-425-16633-3)
- Shards of Alderaan (December 1996) (ISBN 0-425-16952-9)
- Diversity Alliance (March 1997) (ISBN 0-425-16905-7)
- Anakin's Quest (April 1997) (ISBN 0-425-16824-7)
- Delusions of Grandeur (June 1997) (ISBN 0-425-17061-6)
- Vader's Fortress (July 1997) (ISBN 0-425-16956-1)
- Jedi Bounty (September 1997) (ISBN 0-425-17313-5)
- Kenobi's Blade (October 1997) (ISBN 0-425-17315-1)
- The Emperor's Plague (December 1997) (ISBN 0-425-17314-3)
- Return to Ord Mantell (May 1998) (ISBN 0-425-16362-8)
- Trouble on Cloud City (August 1998) (ISBN 0-425-16416-0)
- Crisis at Crystal Reef (December 1998) (ISBN 0-425-16519-1)
Star Trek books
- Highest Score (1996). Co-written with Kevin J. Anderson, under the pseudonym Kem Antilles. Based on the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine television series, set in the year 2370.
- Little Things (2002)
Crystal Doors Series