1950 (age 64–65)
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||Sackler School of Medicine|
Board member of
|Parent(s)||Pola and Shlomo Zabludowicz|
|Relatives||Poju Zabludowicz (brother)|
Early life and education
Belldegrun was born in Helsinki. She received her medical degree from the Sackler School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, and later completed her Ophthalmic Surgery residency in Israel, and her fellowship in Corneal Surgery at Harvard Medical School.
In 1986, Belldegrun founded Intertech Corporation, a New York-based firm specializing in real estate development and acquisitions. She expanded Intertech’s businesses and holdings to include interests in high-tech, biotechnology, hotel management and manufacturing in the United States, England, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and Israel. She served as the President of the company until 2003.
Belldegrun serves as the CEO and President of BellCo Capital, a Los Angeles-based firm which she founded in 2003. BellCo Capital focuses on finding seed investments and experienced management to early-stage and start-up companies, as well as on leveraged acquisitions of, and growth equity investments in leading middle-market enterprises. The company's business transactions include international private equity investments in retail, consumer products, high-tech, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and real estate. One of BellCo's investments is in BabyFirstTV.
Belldegrun serves as a member of a number of boards, including:
- BabyFirstTV - Director
- Brentwood School - Chairman Emeritus of the Board of Trustees
- LACMA - Trustee
- University of Pennsylvania - Member of the Parents Leadership Committee
- Institute for Strategic Threat Analysis and Response at the University of Pennsylvania - Member of the External Advisory Board
In the past, Belldegrun served as a member of the following boards:
- Columbia University - Member of the Board of Visitors
- Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya - Member of the Board of Trustees
- RAND Corporation - Member of the Board of Advisors
- USC Center on Public Diplomacy - Member of the Advisory Board
Belldegrun is married to Dr. Arie Belldegrun and together they have four children. They reside in Bel Air, a small community of Los Angeles. Their oldest son, Ben Belldegrun, a hedge fund manager, is married to Kelly Bergantz, senior producer for Syco.
- "LACMA Announces The Appointment Of Two New Trustees". American Towns. 7 April 2009. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Rebecka Belldegrun M.D.", Businessweek. Retrieved on 25 June 2013.
- "About BabyFirstTV", BabyFirstTV. Retrieved on 25 June 2013.
- "Arie Belldegrun, M.D.", USRF. Retrieved on 23 June 2013.
- "Architecture Project Entries 2003", AIANY, 2003. Retrieved on 23 June 2013.
- Kay, Richard (23 October 2012). "RICHARD KAY: Cowell girl gets the Yes Factor". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 26 May 2014.