|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Ava Fabian|
|Succeeded by||Katherine Hushaw|
February 20, 1967 |
Bakersfield, California, U.S.A.
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
Rebekka Lynn Armstrong (born February 20, 1967) is the Playboy Playmate September 1986. She is also notable for being the first Playboy Playmate publicly known to be HIV-positive, which was announced in 1994.
Armstrong appeared in Playboy's September 1986 issue, and tested positive for HIV in 1989. She made her public announcement in 1994. In her speaking engagements, she notes that despite popular stereotypes of the wild sexual lives enjoyed by Playboy Playmates, she had in fact contracted HIV from a relatively normal teenage sexual encounter.
She is now an HIV/AIDS awareness activist and safer sex educator, and a spokeswoman for several HIV-related charity groups. She has also become an amateur competitive bodybuilder, and placed first in the middleweight category of the 2004 Los Angeles Bodybuilding and Figure Championship.
- 2004 Muscle Beach (Venice Beach, CA) - 1st (LW & Overall)
- 2004 NPC Los Angeles Championship - 1st (MW)
- 2005 NPC Pittsburgh - 1st (MW & Overall)
- 2005 NPC Nationals - 12th (HW)
- Rebekka Armstrong: The Official Bodybuilding Website
- "Rebekka Online with Rebekka Armstrong". Retrieved September 4, 2011. (Rebekka's official site focusing on HIV)
- Rebekka Armstrong and Oliver Luettgenau Prove There's Life - And Love! - After HIV by Lance Porter, HIV Positive magazine.[dead link]
- Rebekka Armstrong at Playboy Online
- A Bunny's Life (interview with Susan Forrest)
- Profile of Armstrong at Positive Nation
- Rebekka Armstrong at the Internet Movie Database