From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up receive, receiver, or receivers in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Receiver or receive may refer to:
- The listening device part of a telephone
- AV receiver, part of a home theater system
- Digital media receiver
- Receiver (firearms), which houses the working parts of the firearm
- Receiver (modulated ultrasound), a device that converts a modulated ultrasonic wave into usable information
- Receiver (radio), an electronic device that converts a signal from a modulated radio wave into usable information
- Tuner (radio), a subsystem that receives radio frequency (RF) transmissions and converts into a fixed frequency
- Television set, "telly" (UK), is a device that combines a tuner, display, and speakers for the purpose of viewing television
- Tuner (television), a subsystem that converts radio frequency analog television or digital television transmission into audio and video signals
- "Receive" (song), a song by Canadian-American recording artist Alanis Morissette
- Receiver (album), the second and final album of the band Farmer Not So John, released in 1998
- Receiver (single), a single by Wagon Christ
- Receivers (album), the fourth full-length release from Parts & Labor, released in 2008 on Jagjaguwar Records
- Receiver (information theory), the receiving end of a communications channel
- Receiver (video game), a 2012 first-person shooter
- In receivership, a person appointed as a custodian of another entity's property by a court of law or a creditor of the owner, pending a lawsuit or bankruptcy
- Metropolitan Police Receiver, formerly the chief financial officer of the London Metropolitan Police
- Receiver of Wreck, an official of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency of the United Kingdom, who is concerned with the management of wrecked ships and boats
- Wide receiver, an offensive position in American and Canadian football leagues
- A type of midfielder in Australian rules football
- A person who receives goods in a distribution center
- Receiver (statue), a public statue in Green Bay, Wisconsin associated with the Green Bay Packers
- All pages beginning with "receive"
- All pages with titles containing "receive*"
- Receiving (disambiguation)
- Receptor (biochemistry)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Receiver.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.