From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up receiver in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Receiver may refer to:
- The listening device part of a telephone
- AV receiver, part of a home theater system
- Digital media receiver
- Receiver (firearms), which houses the working parts of the firearm
- Receiver (modulated ultrasound), a device that converts a modulated ultrasonic wave into usable information
- Receiver (radio), an electronic device that converts a signal from a modulated radio wave into usable information
- Television set
- Tuner (electronics)
- Receiver (information theory), the receiving end of a communications channel
- Receiver (video game), a first-person shooter
- In receivership, a person appointed as a custodian of another entity's property by a court of law or a creditor of the owner, pending a lawsuit or bankruptcy
- Metropolitan Police Receiver, formerly the chief financial officer of the London Metropolitan Police
- Receiver of Wreck, an official of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency of the United Kingdom, who is concerned with the management of wrecked ships and boats
- Wide receiver, an offensive position in American and Canadian football leagues
- A type of midfielder in Australian rules football
- A person who receives goods in a distribution center
- All pages beginning with "receive"
- All pages with titles containing "receive*"
- Receiving (disambiguation)
- Receptor (biochemistry)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.