From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Receptor (disambiguation))
|Look up receptor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Receptor may refer to:
- Sensory receptor, in physiology, any structure which, on receiving environmental stimuli, produces an informative nerve impulse
- Receptor (biochemistry), in biochemistry, a protein molecule that receives and responds to a neurotransmitter, or other substance
- Cell surface receptor, a receptor on the outer surface of a cell membrane, that takes part in communication between the cell and the outside world
- Nuclear receptor, a receptor found within cells that is responsible for sensing steroid and thyroid hormones and certain other molecules
- Immune receptor, a receptor that occurs on the surface of immunocytes and binds to antigens
- Receiver (radio), a device for the reception of electromagnetic signals
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.