|Directed by||Yahoo Serious|
|Produced by||Yahoo Serious
|Written by||Yahoo Serious
Lulu Pinkus (Credited as Lulu Serious)
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|103 / 80 minutes|
|Budget||A$20 million (est.)|
|Box office||A$5,444,534 (Australia)|
Reckless Kelly is a 1993 Australian comedy film written, directed and starring Yahoo Serious. The story is a satirical take on a modern day Ned Kelly who is forced to Hollywood in order to make enough money to save his family's land. As it goes against his belief, he cannot simply rob banks for his own benefit (all money goes to the poor). Ned is forced to find another way to come up with the $1 million required to save his family island. It co-stars Melora Hardin, Alexei Sayle and Hugo Weaving.
- Yahoo Serious as Ned Kelly
- Melora Hardin as Robin Banks
- Alexei Sayle as Major Wib
- Hugo Weaving as Sir John
- Kathleen Freeman as Mrs. Delance
- John Pinette as Sam Delance
- Bob Maza as Dan Kelly
- Martin Ferrero as Ernie the Fan
- Anthony Ackroyd as Joe Kelly
Reckless Kelly grossed $5,444,534 at the box office in Australia.
- Australian rock duo Divinyls covered the song Wild Thing (The Troggs song) in 1993 for the soundtrack to the film. It peaked at No. 39 on the Australian Singles Chart.
- Andrew L. Urban, "Yahoo Serious: Reckless Kelly", Cinema Papers, April 1993 p31-35, 72
- Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office
- Steffen Hung. "Divinyls - Wild Thing". australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2014-02-02.
- Reckless Kelly at the Internet Movie Database
- RECKLESS KELLY : 1ST RE-CUT VERSION (Australian video release) at the National Film and Sound Archive
- RECKLESS KELLY : 2ND RE-CUT VERSION (U.S.A. film release) at the National Film and Sound Archive
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|