|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||Daniel Jadue Jadue (Communist Party of Chile)|
|• Total||16.2 km2 (6.3 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||9,100/km2 (24,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Recoleta spans an area of 16.2 km2 (6 sq mi) and has 148,220 inhabitants (72,314 men and 75,906 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 10% (16547 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. It had a 2006 projected population of 136,982.[dead link]
- Average annual household income: US$45,513 (PPP, 2006)[dead link]
- Population below poverty line: 2.4% (2006)[dead link]
- Regional quality of life index: 89.77, high, 4 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.797, 11 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Recoleta is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2013-2017 alcalde is Daniel Jadue Jadue (Communist Party of Chile)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Recoleta is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Patricio Hales (PPD) and Sra. Claudia Nogueira (UDI) as part of the 19th electoral district, (together with Independencia). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Jovino Novoa Vásquez (UDI) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- (Spanish) "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- (Spanish) "Municipality of Recoleta". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- (Spanish) "National Statistics Institute". Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile.
- Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region, Ministry of Planning of Chile.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003)." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
- (Spanish) Municipality of Recoleta