Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association
The Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association (RRA) founded in 1974, is the professional association of rabbis affiliated with Reconstructionist Judaism. It has approximately 300 members, most of whom are graduates of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College in Wyncote, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. The association is a member of a number of national coalitions including the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations.
In 2007 Rabbi Toba Spitzer became the first openly lesbian or gay person chosen to head a rabbinical association in the United States when she was elected president of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association. Its current president, 2013-2015, is Rabbi Jason Klein, who is the first openly gay man chosen to head a national rabbinical association of one of the major Jewish denominations in the United States.   Its executive director is Richard Hirsh.
- Reconstructionist Judaism
- Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Radin, Charles A. (2007-03-13). "First openly gay rabbi elected leader". The Boston Globe.
- Jason Klein Tapped To Lead Group of Reconstructionist Rabbis
- Official web site
- Full text Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association publications available online (Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ NYU Wagner)
- Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
- Jewish Reconstructionist Federation
|This article about a subject related to a Jewish organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|