|Local authority||Rodney District|
Red Beach is a suburb and beach on the Hibiscus Coast, Orewa, New Zealand. State Highway 1 currently[update] runs through the suburb, but the majority of traffic travels along the Northern motorway inland instead, and the motorway will be redesignated as State Highway 1 when an extension is complete in 2009.
Landmarks and attractions
Popular attractions include:
- The Red Beach Surf Club
- Peninsula Golf Club
- Totara Views
- Panorama Views
- Red Beach School Gala
- Streetlight Competition
Red Beach School is a contributing primary (years 1-6) school with a decile rating of 9 and a roll of 643. The school opened in 1989 covering years 1-8, but reduced its age range when Hibiscus Coast Intermediate opened in 1997 (the intermediate later became part of Whangaparaoa College).
Both schools are coeducational.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 11. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Quickstats about Red Beach
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Red Beach School". Ministry of Education.
- "About Our School - General Information". Red Beach School. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Kingsway School". Ministry of Education.
- "Education Review Report - KingsWay School". Education Review Office. April 2006. Retrieved 2008-08-26.[dead link]