Red Bull Romaniacs Hard Enduro Rallye
The Red Bull Romaniacs Hard Enduro Rallye, or "The Red Bull Romaniacs", is an extreme enduro off-road motorcycle race run annually in Romania since 2004. Dakar Rally champion Cyril Despres said the race is "up there with the top three" hard enduro rallies.
The prologue stage of Red Bull Romaniacs is always staged along the main street of Sibiu before the action spills in the nearby rocky mountain sides and thick forests. There, the competitors have to prove their endurance and riding skills. Every year the design is new and spectacular obstacles, extreme elements, and difficult obstacles are added in order the competitors to race over.
The track unfolds along well-chosen mountain areas, rocky grounds, hills and valleys; tarmac is avoided as much as possible. The length varies for every class, meaning between 100 km to 220 km each day. The main challenges are the technical parts, which lead through wood areas, where competitors are challenged with natural terrain obstacles, they traverse over trees, rocks, mud, and climb and mountains. Petrol fuel stops, or tank stops, are placed at intervals of approximately 70 km, where contestants refuel their motorcycles and have the opportunity to refresh themselves.
The track is marked with banners, signs and colored markings, but the official track of the contest is also loaded onto a GPS in order to guarantee safety. There are also specially designed spectator points.
List of winners
Source: Results of Red Bull Romaniacs
The rally is broadcast in over 215 countries. Altogether, the event could be seen by fans in over 1,400 hours of broadcasting.
- Enduro News - News
- Cyril Despres, the 07 RB Romaniacs Rally and the brand new 2008 model KTM 300 EXC-E
- The Organizers
- The Prolog
- The Red Bull Romaniacs Rallye
- Jarvis bleibt der Held von Rumänien UPDATE: Video | Enduro.de - Magazin
- Jarvis wins third Red Bull Romaniacs event for Husaberg | MotoOnline.com.au
- "Results of Red Bull Romaniacs". Red Bull Romaniacs. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- (Editorial staff) (February 24, 2009). "4th Red Bull Romaniacs 2007 – Day 4 – Dirt Rider Magazine". Dirt Rider Magazine. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- (Staff) (June 15, 2012). "Jarvis Leads Red Bull Romaniacs Enduro". Cycle News. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Official website (multilingual)