Red Cloud High School (South Dakota)
|Red Cloud High School
Maȟpíya Lúta Owáyawa
|100 Mission Drive
Pine Ridge, South Dakota, (Shannon County), 57770
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic - Jesuit|
|Established||1888 / 1941|
|President||Fr. George Winzenburg|
|Asst. Principal||LuAnn Werdel|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Red Cloud High School is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Pine Ridge, South Dakota. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rapid City and serves Oglala Lakota Native American children on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
The school was founded in 1941 as Holy Rosary Mission from an expansion of a school system by the same name, that Jesuits and Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity had founded in 1888. The school, and the now four-school K-12 school system, was renamed Red Cloud in 1969.
- School Website
- Holy Rosary Mission - Red Cloud Indian School Digital Image Collection
- The Indian Sentinel, 1941-1960
Notes and references
- Institution Summary, AdvancED, Retrieved 2012-07-08
- Marquette University. "Holy Rosary Mission/Red Cloud Indian School, Notable events and leaders". Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- RCHS. "Red Cloud History". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
|This South Dakota school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|