Red Hour Productions
Red Hour Films is an American motion picture production and distribution company. Ben Stiller and producer Stuart Cornfeld run the company. The name was derived from an episode of Star Trek -- The Return of the Archons -- that features a scheduled, alien riot. In the past, Red Hour has had first-look deals with New Line Cinema; it currently has an exclusive first-look feature deal with 20th Century Fox.
The first film produced by Red Hour was the 2001 comedy film Zoolander, based on the male model character Stiller co-created with Drake Sather for the VH1 Fashion Awards. Stiller co-wrote the screenplay with John Hamburg and directed the film. Red Hour Films also produced DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story, starring Stiller and Vince Vaughn; Starsky and Hutch, starring Stiller and Owen Wilson; Blades of Glory, starring Will Ferrell and Jon Heder; and Tropic Thunder, starring Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr.. Tropic Thunder earned an Academy Award nomination for Downey Jr., and Golden Globe Award nominations for both Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise. The film won "Best Comedy" at the Broadcast Critics Film Awards and the Hollywood Film Awards.
Red Hour Television
In November 2011, Red Hour announced a new television division to be headed by veteran film and TV executive Debbie Liebling and signed an overall deal with ABC Studios. In its first development season, Red Hour Television sold two comedies to ABC, Please Knock and The Notorious Mollie Flowers.
Red Hour Digital
Red Hour Digital, a new subsidiary of Ben Stiller's Red Hour Films, recently signed a two year first look digital deal with Paramount Digital Entertainment. Mike Rosenstein is Director of Digital Content at Red Hour and oversees the Paramount relationship. Under the new two-year deal, Red Hour will develop original digital media properties that can be launched on a variety of formats, including live action and animated webisodes, and social media games on both digital and mobile platforms.
|2004||Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story||Rawson Marshall Thurber|
|Starsky & Hutch||Todd Phillips|
|2006||Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny||Liam Lynch|
|2007||Blades of Glory||Will Speck
|2008||The Ruins||Carter Smith|
|Tropic Thunder||Ben Stiller|
|2011||The Big Year||David Frankel|
|30 Minutes or Less||Ruben Fleischer|
|2013||The Secret Life of Walter Mitty||Ben Stiller|
|2013||The Birthday Boys|
|2014||Big Time in Hollywood, FL|
- Burning Love (Web series) (2012)
- Silverstein, Adam (April 19, 2009). "Stiller: 'J.J. Abrams did great job'". Digital Spy. Retrieved January 13, 2010.
- . July 31, 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsyInG5lyyE. Missing or empty
- Itzkoff, Dave (October 20, 2010). "Zoolander Is Bringing His Fashion Sense to the Web". New York Times Arts Beat. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "THE 14th CRITICS' CHOICE MOVIE AWARDS NOMINEES". Broadcast Film Critics Association. January 8, 2009. Retrieved November 18, 2010.
- Graser, Marc (October 20, 2010). "Red Hour inks Paramount digital pact". VARIETY. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Spiers, Katherine (October 20, 2010). "Paramount Digital, Ben Stiller's Red Hour Sign First-Look Deal". The Wrap. Retrieved October 20, 2010.