From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term red sauce has several meanings in English.
- It is used as a slightly pejorative description of tomato-heavy Italian-American cuisine in the United States, and specifically to marinara sauce
- It is also known in the United States for the spicy red-colored salsa that is served in Tex Mex restaurants
- Along the Gulf Coast of the United States, it is used within the seafood culture as a nickname for cocktail sauce
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it can be used to refer to tomato ketchup. Often, this refers to ketchup with a higher level of vinegar than normal.
- In North America, it also refers to sweet and sour sauce, specifically the variety served in Chinese restaurants
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Red sauce.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.