|Born||Cipriano Cermeño II
December 5, 1955
|Died||July 25, 2010
Caloocan City, Philippines
Redford White (born Cipriano Cermeño II; December 5, 1955 – July 25, 2010) was a Filipino actor and comedian.
Early life and career
White first came to prominence in the late 1970s for his supporting role in the sitcom Iskul Bukol. He had a string of hits as the leading man in several 1980s comedies such as Bino and Klayd, Darakula and Hee Man: Master of None, his first major role. For several years, he starred in the TV sitcom Buddy en Sol with Eric Quizon.
In the latter part of his career, White appeared in several films for Star Cinema such as Tar-San, Ala eh... Con Bisoy! Hale-hale-hoy!: Laging panalo ang mga unggoy, and Haba-baba-doo! Puti-puti-poo! paired with various comedians including Babalu, Bonel Balingit, Carding Castro and Leo Martinez. His last film and television appearances were in Iskul Bukol 20 Years After and Palos on ABS-CBN, respectively, in 2008.
White was reportedly born with albinism, which gave rise to his screen name. He was married to Elena Cermeño and they had a daughter, Jeruie. His closest friends were his fellow Buddy En Sol co-star Eric Quizon, Vic Sotto who worked with him in the sitcom Daddy Di Do Du, singer-songwriter Jim Paredes and comedians Gabe Mercado and Leo Martinez.
Illness and death
White died at the age of 54 from lung cancer and a brain tumour on July 25, 2010 at 06:47 PST (GMT+8). He had reportedly experienced dizziness and difficulty walking, and loss of balance as early as July 2008, which the actor initially mistook for symptoms of vertigo. His physician advised magnetic resonance imaging, which White refused. He was later diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer in February 2010.
- Sabado Badoo (GMA Network, 2015) posthimously featured
- Tunay Na Buhay (GMA Network, 2013) posthimously featured
- Palos (ABS-CBN, 2008) as Mario "his last TV show"
- Kokey (ABS-CBN, 2007) as Nanding Kalugdan
- O Ha! (TV5, 2006)
- Home Along Da Airport (ABS-CBN, 2003-2005) as Gabriel
- Magpakailanman (GMA Network, 2002-2003)
- Daddy Di Do Du (GMA Network, 2001-2007) as Bruce
- Pwedeng Pwede (ABS-CBN,1999-2001) as Bruce
- Mikee Forever (GMA Network, 1996)
- Super Laff-In (ABS-CBN, 1996-1999) as Himself
- Home Along Da Riles (ABS-CBN, 1995) as guest
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN, 1995-2005)
- Mikee (GMA Network, 1995)
- Haybol Rambol (GMA Network, 1994-1995)
- Buddy En Sol (RPN, 1990-1994) as Sol
- Lovingly Yours (GMA Network, 1984-1996)
- 2+2 (BBC 2, 1981)
- Iskul Bukol (IBC, 1977–1990) as Redford
- Iskul Bukol 20 Years After (Ungasis and Escaleras Adventure) (2008) as Redford
- Ispiritista: Itay, may moomoo! (2005) as Mang Teroy
- Bestman: 4 Better, Not 4 Worse (2002) as Carlos Miguel
- Tar-San (1999) as Tar
- Isprikitik: Walastik kung pumitik (1999) as Brando
- Tik Tak Toys: My Kolokotoys (1999) as Presley
- Ala eh... Con Bisoy! Hale-hale-hoy!: Laging panalo ang mga unggoy (1998) as Clinton
- Tong tatlong tatay kong pakitong kitong (1998) as Alvin
- Haba-baba-doo! Puti-puti-poo! (1998) as Mokong
- I Do, I Die! Dyos Ko Day (1997) as Mokong
- Wanted Perfect Murder (1997) as Elvis
- Pablik Enemi 1 n 2: Aksidental Heroes (1997) as Luis
- Neber-2-Geder (1996)
- Si Lucio at si Miguel: Hihintayin kayo sa langit (1992) as Lucio
- Buddy en Sol: Praybeyt depektibs (1992) as Sol
- Buddy en Sol (Sine ito) (1992) as Sol
- Captain Yagit (1989) as Dodoy/Captain Yagit
- Ompong Galapong Me Ulo Walang Tapon! (1988) as Galapong
- Pasiklab Sa Army (1988)
- Code Name: Black & White (1988) as Whiteky
- The Untouchable Family (1988) as Machine Gun Nonong
- Pulis Iskwad (1987)
- Rangers In The Wrong War (1987)
- Balandra Crossing (1987)
- Kumander Anting-Anting (1987)
- Lost and Found Command: Rebels Without Because (1987) as Cpl. Akomplis
- Rocky Tan-go IV (1986) as Rocky
- Cobrador (1986)
- No Return No Exchange (1986)
- Da Payting Ninja (1986)
- Pipo's Power (1986) .... Pipo
- Tu-yay and His Magic Payong (1986) as Emilio/Tuyay
- Hee-Man: Master of None (1985) as Hee-man
- I won, I won (Ang Swerte Nga Naman)(1985) as Gunding
- Okey sa Olrayt (1984)
- Sekreta 'Ini' (1984)
- Billy the Kid and the Sunshine Gid (1984)
- Wrong Rangers (1984)
- Rambo Tan-go (1984) as Johnny Rambo Tango
- Johnny Tango Rides Again (1983) as Johnny Tango
- Darakula (1982) as Darakula
- Tartan (1981)
- A Man Called 'Tolongges' (1981) as Arizona Gid
- Iskul bukol (Freshmen) (1980)
- Bino & Klayd (1979) as Bino
- Soldyer! (1979)
- Winner, Best Comedy Actor For "Buddy En Sol" - 1991 PMPC Star Awards For TV
- Erwin Santiago (2010-07-25). "Comedian Redford White Has Passed Away". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Salanga, Elyas Isabelo (16 August 2007). "Comedy's dynamic duos". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- Dedace, Sophia (25 July 2010). "Redford White, actor-comedian, is dead". GMANews.TV. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Comedian Redford White passes away". ABS-CBN News. 2010-07-25.
- "Comedian Redford White passes away". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)