||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
Main page as of 24 July 2009
|Traded as||NASDAQ: REDF|
|Key people||Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman & CEO|
|Revenue||$21.80 million (2011)|
|Employees||316 (Dec 2009)|
|Alexa rank||256 (December 2013[update])|
|Type of site||web portal|
|Launched||February 8, 1997|
Rediff.com is a news, information, entertainment, and shopping portal. It was founded in 1996 as "Rediff On The NeT" and is headquartered in Mumbai, India with offices in Bengaluru, New Delhi and New York City, USA.
According to Alexa, Rediff is the No. 11 Indian web portal. It has more than 316 employees. 89.1% of the millions of visitors to Rediff.com are from India, while the rest come primarily from the USA (3.4%) and China. In April 2001, Rediff.com acquired and began offering India Abroad. As of February 2011, it ranked 146 on Alexa. Rediff.com was the first website domain name registered in India in 1996.
- Rediffmail:Web based e-mail which has around 95 million registered usernames. It offers unlimited free storage space. Rediff recently launched an AJAX based mail interface. Rediffmail also allows users to send and receive mails in many Indian languages on Microsoft Windows. Rediffmail is also available on mobiles through the free mobile application. In October 2010, Rediff.com launched a paid mobile email service named `Rediffmail NG' with support for all mobile phone platforms including Symbian, Java and Android. In addition, it offers synchronisation across users' phone and PC.
- Rediff Bol: instant messenger with support for Hindi language
- Rediff Songbuzz: A social, music search & discovery service, featuring Hindi music primarily
- Rediff Locale: Explore the news by locations in India.Rediff Localnews offers news of cities and localities across India on Map.
- It also offers various other web based services such as a web search, Online Shopping, Online Rakhi Store, classifieds, a matrimonial service, social networking, blogging, a music-video sharing platform and a community-driven knowledge base.
- Rediff Labs: Play with the Sentiment Meter and Interactive Map tools to see how sentiments can change the election outcome. Check out Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2013, Delhi Elections Twitter Impact, Odd News, IPL 2013 Spot Unexpected Overs,Karnataka Election 2013, Gujarat Election 2012 and more to come.
On April 26th 2011, Rediff launched new service, group deals, named Rediff Deal Ho Jaye!The service, essentially, offers consumers local services in about 40 cities across India at discounts that range from 30 per cent to 60 per cent on any deals that they avail of.
Among others "Rediff Deal Ho Jaye! will help consumers discover new services and experiences in their city, such as restaurants, spas, hotels, healthcare, tattoos, hobby classes, adventure sports and other local attractions across 70 categories and at 30-60 per cent discounts, thus helping them make the most of their quality time with their family and friends," Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman and CEO of Rediff.com told reporters during a press conference called to announce the launch of the service.
On September 14, 2012, Rediff launched its Android App for Rediff News. This application provides user with the latest updates on Business, Movies, Sports, Cricket, Get Ahead, Travel, Lifestyle, Careers, etc. The tiled interface brings news, photos, videos and slideshows to users Android mobile, as soon as they appear on Rediff.com
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Rediff.Com reports Q1 results: India revenue up 42%". Financialexpress.com. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine rediffonthenet.com".
- "Rediff.com India Ltd, Business Wire India, Press Releases, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Malayal". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Alexa Ranking
- "Top Sites in India". Alexa. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "REDF : Rediff.com India Limited FAQs". Investor.rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- 5 million unique visitors worldwide
- At least 66 per cent of the visitors come from India
- "Pioneering publisher Gopal Raju passes away". India Abroad. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "India completes 15 years of commercial internet". Alootechie.com. 2011-02-16.
- "Cauley Geller Bowman & Coates, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Rediff.com India Ltd. Seeking Damages on Behalf of Purchasers of Rediff American Depository Shares - REDF". May 25, 2001. Retrieved Jul 17, 2013.
- "Rediff records 15 percent growth in registered user base". Medianewsline.com. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- "Rediff.com introduces web-messenger in Rediffmail". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Hotmail vs Rediffmail - Difference and Comparison". Diffen. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "A software to make typing Indian languages easier: Rediff.com Business". Business.rediff.com. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Mobile email service from Rediff.com". The Hindu. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Rediff Launches Rediff Bol in Hindi, IT News Online
- Rediff SongBuzz, Landing page of the service
- Rediff Localnews
- "Business & Financial News, Breaking US & International News". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Now Witness Ganapati Visarjan in Mumbai like Never Before!". LiveMango. Retrieved 2011-09-02.
- Rediff.com launches Rediff Deal Ho Jaye!
- "Rediff News Android App". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.