Redline Communications Group
|Type||Public (TSX: RDL)|
|Key people||Eric Melka (CEO)
Robert Williams (COO)
George Kypreos (CFO)
Redline Communications Group manufactures and develops broadband wireless infrastructure systems for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and distributed applications. It is headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Redline Communications Group Inc.(RCG) (TSX: RDL) is a holding company and conducts its operations through its subsidiaries, Redline Communications Inc. (RDL), Redline Communications Romania Ltd. and Redline Communications (EMEA) Ltd.
Today, Redline's broadband communications systems with Virtual Fiber™ technology provide wireless backhaul, business access, video surveillance, private networks, and data acquisition solutions for the oil and gas industry, the military, government, and telecom service providers.
Since 2010, under the direction of new management, Redline's primary focus has been towards developing higher value segments of the business by enhancing and optimizing their existing product lines to facilitate Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications.
The change of the management team and board came early in 2010 after Redline posted a loss of over $10 million. After initially assessing the company at the request of one of Redline's largest shareholders, Eric Melka eventually took on the role of interim CEO in the latter part of 2009 and became the full-time Chief Executive Officer a few months later. Faced with accounting irregularities and a series of product and technology related issues  that would undermine the company's viability, Melka cleaned house and shifted the company's core business strategy resulting in a profit of $4 million twelve months later.
Oil and Gas companies have been one of the primary targets in Redline's new M2M strategy due to the increasing importance of Digital Oilfields and Smartfields within the industry. As a result, Redline systems are being used for wireless connectivity across digital oilfields worldwide, including one wireless installation that covers an area nearly as large as Switzerland.
In August 2012 Redline launched a RAS (Rapid Alignment System) Nomadic Platform which serves to enhance their offering to nomadic applications in remote regions for the oil & gas, military, and utility markets. The RAS solid state system automatically locates and connects to network base stations further extending the reach of a wireless network infrastructure to and from roving assets.
The company's products include the RDL-3000 Radio Platform, Elte Radio Platform, RAS Smart Antenna System, Enterprise Radio Platform, AN-80i Radio Platform, RDL-2000 Radio Platform, RDL-5000 Radio Platform, RedMAX WiMAX Family and Redline Management Software.
In addition, RDL offers services in hardware and software maintenance, and support services.
Redline's customer base spans the globe and includes large enterprises and government agencies: AGIP, BP, ConocoPhillips, Exxon, PDO, Petrobras, Shell, US Army, US Marine Corps, US Navy, US Department of Energy (DOE), US National Park Service, AOL, Bell, Cellular One, Clearwire, Méditel, OTE, etc.
Corporate Governance 
Current members of the board of directors: Philippe De Gaspé Beaubien III (chairman), Frank Di Tomaso, Eric Melka, Skuli Mogensen, Alain Rhéaume, Rob Soni.
- "Corporate Facts". Rdlcom.com. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Beleaguered Redline Communications back in the black | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post". Business.financialpost.com. 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "Resurrection of Redline". .canada.com. 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- June 18, 2012 (2012-06-18). "Redline Communications thriving under CEO Melka". Cantechletter.com. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "Oil & Gas News Online". Oilandgasnewsonline.com. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "Digital Oilfields special: Got Oman Covered". ArabianOilandGas.com. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "US Oil Company Extends Contract with Redline to Expand Its Operations to Oman". M2m.tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Embedded M2M Solutions – Redline Communications Offers Rapid Auto Steering Smart Antenna System for Remote Regions". Embedded-m2m-solutions.tmcnet.com. 2012-08-08. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Redline Communications Inc. – Complete profile – Canadian Company Capabilities". Industry Canada. Retrieved 2012-10-08.