Bloomfield Township, Huron County, Michigan
|Bloomfield Township, Michigan|
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||715 ft (218 m)|
|• Density||14.9/sq mi (5.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1625950|
- Lewisville is an unincorporated community in the township on the Boundary with Huron Township at the junction of Kinde and Huron City Roads .
- Rapson is an unincorporated community on the southwest corner of the Township.
- Redman is an unincorporated community in the Township at Redman and Huron City Roads  (elevation: 712 ft./217 m.).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.0 square miles (93 km2), of which 36.0 square miles (93 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (0.14%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 535 people, 191 households, and 151 families residing in the township. The population density was 14.9 per square mile (5.7/km²). There were 220 housing units at an average density of 6.1 per square mile (2.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.38% White, 0.56% Native American, and 2.06% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.56% of the population.
There were 191 households out of which 31.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.2% were married couples living together, 6.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.9% were non-families. 17.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.80 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the township the population was spread out with 26.7% under the age of 18, 6.5% from 18 to 24, 26.2% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 15.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 106.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $40,000, and the median income for a family was $41,250. Males had a median income of $30,435 versus $18,438 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,996. About 6.2% of families and 6.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.1% of those under age 18 and 9.7% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bloomfield Township, Huron County, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lewisville, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rapson, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Redman, Michigan & GNIS in Google Map