Redneck Crazy (song)
|Single by Tyler Farr|
|from the album Redneck Crazy|
|Released||February 25, 2013|
|Tyler Farr singles chronology|
"Redneck Crazy" is a song recorded by American country music artist Tyler Farr. It was released in February 2013 as his third single. The song appears on his first album, also titled Redneck Crazy, which was released on September 30, 2013. The song was written by Josh Kear, Mark Irwin, and Chris Tompkins.
The song has been certified Platinum by the RIAA.
The male narrator pursues his cheating significant other upon seeing her with another man, telling her that she has "gone and broke the wrong heart, baby / And drove me redneck crazy." It is in the key of B-flat major with an approximate tempo of 72 beats per minute and a main chord pattern of Gm7-E♭-F.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song two and a half stars out of five, writing that "one expects a song with such a name to be a little more fun, but predictable country rock ballad production holds the three-and-a-half minute cut back." Dukes described Farr's performance as "sincere," but added that "he’s let down by an ordinary lyric and unexceptional arrangement." Jon Freeman of Country Weekly praised the song in his review of the album, saying that "it's a bitter, almost scary account of a jilted man stalking his ex and her new guy. It's so messy and human, and it's got a chorus that'll stay with you." Emily Yahr of The Washington Post was critical of the song's message, calling it a "disturbing song" and "glorified stalker anthem".
"Redneck Crazy" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of February 16, 2013. It also debuted at number 50 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of March 9, 2013.
Charts and certifications
- Conaway, Alanna (April 8, 2013). "Exclusive: Tyler Farr Breaking Through With "Redneck Crazy"; Talks Upcoming Album". Roughstock. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Wyland, Sarah (June 27, 2013). "Tyler Farr Celebrates First Top 20 Hit with “Redneck Crazy”". Great American Country. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Conaway, Alanna (April 17, 2013). "Story Behind The Song: Tyler Farr - "Redneck Crazy"". Roughstock. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "'Redneck Crazy' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (January 28, 2013). "Tyler Farr, ‘Redneck Crazy’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Freeman, Jon (7 October 2013). "Redneck Crazy review". Country Weekly 20 (40): 51. ISSN 1074-3235.
- Morris, Edward (February 9, 2013). "Gary Allan's Set You Free Continues as Top Country Album". Country Music Television. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "American single certifications – Tyler Farr – Redneck Crazy". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- Matt Bjorke (November 13, 2013). "Country Chart News - The Top 30 Digital Singles - November 13, 2013: CMA Awards Drive Sales; Eric Church "The Outsiders" #1; Taylor Swift "Red" #3". Roughstock.
- "CMT : Videos : Tyler Farr : Redneck Crazy". Country Music Television. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Pacella, Megan (April 25, 2013). "Tyler Farr Calls on Friends in ‘Redneck Crazy’ Video". Taste of Country. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Tyler Farr Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Tyler Farr.
- "Tyler Farr Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Canada Country for Tyler Farr.
- "Tyler Farr Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Tyler Farr.
- "Tyler Farr Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Country Airplay for Tyler Farr.
- "Tyler Farr Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tyler Farr.
- "Best of 2013: Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Best of 2013: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Canadian single certifications – Tyler Farr – Redneck Crazy". Music Canada. Retrieved February 9, 2014.