|Headquarters||San Jose, California, United States|
|Key people||Venkat Mattela, CEO|
Redpine Signals is a fabless semiconductor company that started its operation in 2001. The company makes chipsets and system level products for wireless networks. It serves the 802.11 wireless market, enabling all volume levels of chipsets and modules.
In 2005, Redpine Signals developed a low power 802.11 b/g chipset, which it licensed to a semiconductor company for use in its product or SoC as a wireless interface. The company established a single stream 802.11n Wi-Fi product in 2007 for handheld devices. In 2012, Redpine Signals developed a simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi 11n/BT 4.0 + 5 GHz MIMO 11ac convergence SoC for smartphones and tablets. The company also introduced a simultaneous dual-band 450 Mbit/s 3x3 802.11n chipset for digital home and enterprise applications.
Products and Services
Redpine Signals' products include single stream 802.11abgn chipsets and modules, and system products for Wi-Fi based Real-Time Locating Systems (RTLS). The company also offers 'Wi-Fi Starter Kits' that include Redpine Wi-Fi Interface cards integrated with microcontroller development kits from partnership companies.
- Paultre, Alix. "The Tinker's Toolbox - Venkat Mattela of Redpine and Øyvind Strøm of Atmel on Wireless Embedded Systems", ECN Magazine, 26, October 2011.
- "Redpine Signals Selected as a 2012 Red Herring Top 100 Americas Tech Startup Winner ", PR Newswire, 30, May 2012.
- Swamy, Vimali. "Redpine Signals: Disrupting the Wireless Industry", Silicon India, 3, November 2011.
- "Dual-Band Wireless SoC from Redpine Signals", Sensors Magazine, 20, May 2012.
- Love, Janine. "WiseMote RTLS tags serve Wi-Fi apps", EE Times, 9, April 2012.
- "WiseMote RTLS tags serve Wi-Fi apps", PR Newswire, 3, April 2012.
- McConnel, Toni. "Atmel and Redpine Signals enable ultra-low power 802.11n Wi-Fi for AVR and ARM-based MCUs", EE Times, 28, September 2011.
- Redpine champions 5GHz WiFi for M2M
- RedPine Signals Intros Dual-Frequency Wi-Fi RFID Tag
- Frost & Sullivan Presented the 2012 Growth, Innovation & Leadership Awards
- Red Herring Americas 2012 Top 100
- Rutronik introduces Redpine Signals‘ new 5 GHz Wi-Fi RTLS tags
- Redpine Signals Introduces Industry’s First 5 GHz Wi-Fi RTLS Tags
- Ascom i62 VoWiFi delivers longer battery life, enhances enterprise productivity
- Migrating to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi Band Will Advance RTLS and M2M Communications
- Why Wi-Fi for the Internet of Things will move to 5 GHz
- Brainstorm: M2M Communications
- M2M Communications with Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz Band
- Redpine Signals Unveils WiSeConnect
- Televic Selects Redpine Signals Wi-Fi Technology for the Next Generation of its Confidea® Audio Conferencing Solution