From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Red shirt, Redshirt or Redshirts may refer to:
Groups and movements
- Million Voices Against Corruption, President Chen Must Go, protesters against Chen Shui-bian, President of Taiwan, in 2007
- Redshirts (Italy) (Italian: Camicie rosse) followers of guerrilla leader Giuseppe Garibaldi.
- Red Shirts (Mexico) (Spanish: Camisas Rojas), a Mexican anti-Catholic paramilitary organization of the 1930s.
- Red Shirts (Southern United States), militant opponents of Blacks, carpetbaggers, and United States troops during and after the Reconstruction Era.
- Red Shirts (Thailand), the National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship, a political pressure group in Thailand, supporting the deposed Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra
- Red shirts, a name for the Abahlali baseMjondolo, a South African shack-dwellers' movement.
- Surkh Posh (Red Shirts), an alternative name for Khudai Khidmatgar, a Pashtun movement against British rule in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
- Red Shirt (Oglala), a chief of the Oglala Sioux tribe
- Delphine Red Shirt, an Oglala Lakota Sioux writer
- Kuilix, a Pend d'Oreilles tribal war leader from the Montana territories whose name translates as "Red Shirt" or "Red One"
- Red Shirt Gordon, American prison escapee
- Redshirt (college sports), delaying a college athlete's participation in order to lengthen eligibility
- Redshirting (academic), the practice of postponing entrance into kindergarten of age-eligible children in order to allow extra time for emotional, intellectual or physical growth
Film, television and literature
- Redshirt (character), a stock "cannon fodder" character, originating in the original Star Trek TV series
- Camicie rosse, a 1952 film about Anita Garibaldi, the wife of Giuseppe Garibaldi, directed by Franco Rossi
- Lalkurti (literal translation: Red Shirt), a name for many localities in India and Pakistan
- Red Shirt, South Dakota, a small Lakota village in South Dakota, United States
- Red Shirt Table, a table mountain in South Dakota
- Red Shirt School of Photography, a trend pioneered by National Geographic photographers to have subjects wear overly colorful clothes
- Red Shirt, a term used for US Navy aircraft–carrier personnel who deal with ordnance and fire-fighting, see Modern United States Navy carrier air operations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.