|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2009)|
23 July 1986 |
Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
Life and career
Ritchie was born in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England. He has described himself as a "mix", as his father is from Durban, South Africa and his mother is English. His paternal grandparents left South Africa for Britain when his father was only a year old, because of the apartheid in South Africa. Ritchie is the middle of three children. He worked with the National Youth Theatre as a teenager.
After being spotted by a casting director during one of his monologue performances at the Soho Theatre in London, Ritchie was suggested for a role in director Roland Emmerich's 2008 epic 10,000 BC, in which he played the role of Moha.
- The Bill (2007, 1 episode "Up in Smoke") - Duncan Wilde
- Saddam's Tribe: Bound by Blood (TV documentary, 2007) - Older Ali
- Silent Witness (2008, 2 episodes) - Jake Burnett
- 10,000 BC (2008) - Moha
- The Lovely Bones (2009) - Ray Singh
- Triage (2009) - Boy in Beirut
- The Sands of Time (2010) - Bis
- Pete versus Life (2010, 2 episodes) - Ollie
- Atlantis: End of a World, Birth of a Legend (TV film, 2011) - Yishharu
- Rafta Rafta (2011) - Atul
- Desert Dancer (2013) - Afshin Ghaffarian
- Hercules: The Thracian Wars (2014) - Iolaus
- Eyre, Hermione (2010-05-28). "A piece of Reece Ritchie". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- "Lowestoft's Lovely Bones". BBC Suffolk. 2007-11-02.
- http://www.rosetheatrekingston.org/files/A%20Midsummer%20Night's%20Dream%20Cast%20Announcement.pdf[dead link]
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|