Florida, United States
Reed Alexander is an American actor and healthy-living advocate from Boca Raton, Florida. He is best known for his role as the bully / villain Nevel Amadeus Papperman on Nickelodeon's iCarly. He also appeared in Nickelodeon's Sam & Cat in epidose #SuperPsycho as Nevel Amadeus Papperman. A food blog begun in 2009 turned into a second career as a spokesman for healthy eating habits.
He appeared in Will & Grace for which he was nominated for Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Television Series (Comedy) – Guest Starring Actor. He was also in 2009's direct-to-video telefilm Ace Ventura, Jr.: Pet Detective.
Alexander has been a spokesperson for the American Heart Association and Clinton Foundation's anti-obesity program called Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and has been involved in promoting Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative, and has been credited with being able to get healthy eating messages to young audiences. He has published website on healthy eating geared towards young people and a book, KewlBites: 100 Nutritious, Delicious, and Family-Friendly Dishes (2013).
- Nicole Brochu (September 19, 2013). "Reed Alexander, of 'iCarly' fame, shares healthy recipes for teens in 'KewlBites' book.". Fort Lauderdale, FL: South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2014-04-14. "First lady Michelle Obama later tapped the teen actor for her "Let's Move!" campaign, and he's become the official spokesman for the Clinton Foundation's Alliance for a Healthier Generation."
- About Reed Alexander. Reedalexander.net. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Boca Raton’s Reed Alexander signing copies of his cookbook". The Miami Herald. September 19, 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- Lisa Orkin Emmanuel (February 19, 2013). "ICarly's Reed Alexander Comes to Miami Beach for the South Beach Wine and Food Festival. The South Florida native will be at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival to talk about healthy foods for kids.". NBC 6 South Florida. NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Retrieved 2014-04-14. "Tweens and teens may know Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman, the nemesis on the iCarly TV show, but he has another interest that keeps him in the spotlight: Cooking."
- "27th Annual Young Artist Awards". March 25, 2006. Archived from the original on 2011-03-04. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- "Reed Alexander's "Kewl Bites"". ABC 7 News. May 5, 2012. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- Bill Daley, September 11, 2013. "'Kewl' cooking by teen actor". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- SUZETTE LABOY (February 24, 2012). "Will teen actor become next celebrity chef?". Associated Press (Yahoo News). Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- Alexander, Reed (September 3, 2013). KewlBites: 100 Nutritious, Delicious, and Family-Friendly Dishes. Rodale. ISBN 9781609615109. Retrieved 2014-04-08.