Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information is a provider of data services, business information and marketing to businesses. The company is based in the United Kingdom, United States, China, Singapore, Continental Europe and Australia. Reed Business Information is a division of Reed Elsevier and is often referred to as RBI. The company produces industry specific data services and tools, online community and job sites as well as business magazines. It provides services to specific sectors including chemicals, agriculture, HR, property, finance, science and aerospace. Among its best known brands or publications are ICIS, XpertHR, Estates Gazette and New Scientist.
Since 2009 Reed Business Information has focused on paid content, data services and online marketing.
In 2011 RBI made four acquisitions. In January 2011, RBI completed the purchase transaction to take majority ownership of CBI China, a petrochemical and energy information service in China, adding to its chemicals pricing service (ICIS). It also acquired Parpinelli Tecnon. In June 2011 RBI acquired Ascend, a provider of online fleet data and valuations to the aviation industry, adding to RBI's existing data and content services and its aerospace platform, Flightglobal.
In November 2011, RBI completed the acquisition of Accuity Inc. Accuity Inc. was a US provider of online subscription-based data services for the financial services industry. Accuity was integrated with RBI's Bankers' Almanac, to form BankersAccuity which recently rebranded Accuity (Sept 2013). RBI sold BuyerZone, an online marketplace for buyers and sellers of SMB products and services, to TechMedia Network, Inc. (“TMN”) on 22 January 2014.
On 17 March 2014 RBI acquired Innovata LLC, a leading provider of airline schedules data, maps and tools for the global air travel market. Innovata joins RBI’s aerospace information and data services business, Flightglobal. On 21 July 2014 RBI announced the sale of a 51 percent stake in Reed Construction Data (RCD) to Warburg Pincus, and the sale of 100 percent of RSMeans to The Gordian Group, a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus.
In the past few years RBI has divested itself of a number of magazine titles including those in the computing, social care, electronics, hospitality and road transport markets in the UK, and the construction market in the Netherlands.
- Community Care Inform
- Flightglobal Pro
Lead Generation Services
Community websites and job sites
- Farmers Weekly interactive (FWi)
- FWi Jobs
- Flightglobal Jobs
- New Scientist
- New Scientist Jobs
- Optician Online
- Optician Jobs
- Personnel Today
- Personnel Today Jobs
- Property Jobs
- Airline Business
- Dairy Update
- Employers' Law
- Estates Gazette
- Farmers Weekly
- Flight International
- Hairdressers Journal International
- New Scientist
- Occupational Health
- Poultry World
- Adoption Conference
- Adults at Risk Conference
- Adults with Autism Conference
- Airline Business Strategy Awards
- Asian Base Oils and Lubricants Conference
- British Hairdressing Awards
- British Hairdressing Business Awards
- Community Care Live
- Estates Gazette Awards
- Euro Phenol Conference
- Fertilizers Conference
- Flightglobal Achievement Awards
- GPCA Supply Chain Conference
- ICIS European Chemical Purchasing Conference
- ICIS Heren Trading LNG Conference
- ICIS World Polyolefins Conference
- ICIS World Surfactants Conference
- Innovation in Airline Distribution Conference
- International Sulphur and Sulphuric Acid Symposium
- Loyalty Conference
- Network USA Conference
- Optician Awards
- Personnel Today Awards
- Power Conference
- Safety in Aviation Asia Conference
- Salon International
- The RAD Awards
- World Base Oils Conference
- World Chloralkali Conference
- World Olefins Conference
- Youth Justice Integration Conference
- Marketers Resource Guide. Crain Communications, 2006.
- Marketers Resource Guide, p. 39. "Furniture Today Phone:(336)605-0121 URL: www.furnituretoday.com Circulation: 20,682 Ad revenue:[...]" and "Reed Business Information's Furniture Today remains a powerful force in the furniture manufacturing industry."