Reed N. Weisiger
Weisiger was Chairman of the Stock and Stock Raising Committee and was on eleven other Senate committees. He served in the Legislature from 1891-1893.
Early life and education
Weisiger was born in Danville, Kentucky, May 2, 1838, and attended school there. He completed his education at Centre College, taking a full classical course, and graduated in 1858. He then came to Texas and was a pioneer in Victoria County.
Business, military, and fraternal order
Weisiger was a member of the Masonic Lodge and held the degree of Master Mason.
Weisiger's father was Dr. Joseph Weisiger. His mother was Isabella Reed Weisiger. Weisiger's mother was a descendant of a Virginia family related to the Clays and Adamses. Weisiger married Annie Belle Callender on June 24, 1874. Weisiger and his wife had eight children: Robert Sidney Weisiger, Roper C. Weisiger, Joseph Reed Weisiger, Isabella Weisiger Mackrell, Lucy R. Weisiger, Sarah Weisiger, William Hardeman Weisiger, and Grayson Carter Weisiger.
- Legislative Reference Library | Legislators and Leaders | Member profile - R.N. Weisiger, retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Daily Advocate (Victoria, Texas) Saturday afternoon, September 12, 1908, page 1, retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Lewis E. Daniell, Personnel of the Texas state government: with sketches of representative men of Texas, Maverick Print House (1892) retrieved May 22, 2011.
- University of Houston-Victoria, retrieved May 14, 2011.
- The Victoria Advocate, Historical Edition, May, 1968, retrieved May 15, 2011.
- The Family History and Genealogy of Arden Gremmert and Eva Doherty - Reed Nelson Weisiger, retrieved May 19, 2011.