|Reed Smith LLP|
|Headquarters||Three PNC Plaza
|No. of offices||26|
|No. of attorneys||1,800+|
|Major practice areas||Energy & Natural Resources, Financial, Life Sciences & Health, Media & Entertainment|
|Revenue||$1.15 billion USD |
|Date founded||1877 (Pittsburgh)|
|Founder||Philander Knox and James Hay Reed|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
|Slogan||The business of relationships.|
Reed Smith LLP is an international global law firm, with more than 1,800 lawyers in 25 offices throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services; deliver regulatory counsel, and execute strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is an advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, technology and media, shipping, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, and education.
The firm counsels 13 of the world's 15 largest commercial and savings banks; 25 of the world's 35 largest oil and gas companies; and the world's three largest pharmaceutical distribution and wholesale companies. Reed Smith's shipping practice has been designated among the most preeminent in the world, and its advertising law practice is regarded as among the legal industry's finest.
In 2014, Reed Smith was listed by Law 360 as one of the Global 20 Firms, firms that had the biggest global presence and handled the most large, significant and groundbreaking international and cross-border matters.
In 2013, revenues at Reed Smith reached a record breaking $1.08 billion. Profits per partner grew 5.5% to $1,140,000.00, while revenue per lawyer to $690,000.00.
 Reed Smith was founded in Pittsburgh in 1877 by Philander C. Knox and James H. Reed. The firm represented Andrew Carnegie in the creation of United States Steel in 1901, the world's first billion-dollar corporation. Through 1970 to the present, the firm engaged in a series of strategic mergers & acquisitions, as well as new offices, to create one of the largest law firms in the world.
Since 2009 their office has been located in Reed Smith Centre, a LEED-certified workspace that helped jumpstart the modernization of the City's "Fifth Avenue ," on the perimeter of Pittsburgh's Cultural District. More than 275 lawyers comprise the Pittsburgh office, making it the largest law office in the city and the largest Reed Smith office in the United States. Pittsburgh also is home to the firm's Global Customer Center, which provides service to Reed Smith's lawyers and offices around the world.
 United States
- Century City
- Northern Virginia
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Washington D.C.
Europe & Middle East
- Abu Dhabi
- Hong Kong
- Legal Week's 2013 annual Client Satisfaction Report ranks Reed Smith #5 in the U.S. International firms category. We were especially recognized for the quality of our legal and commercial advice as well as personal/partner relationships. For the full report, please visit the Legal Week website.
- Reed Smith named Best Global Law Firm for Weather Risk, in the 2014 Environmental Finance Annual Market Rankings.
- Reed Smith ranked # 8 on the 2013 inaugural "Social Index" of Am Law 50 Firms in survey ranking use of social media technologies.
- Reed Smith advances eight spots on Acritas’ Sharplegal US Law Firm Brand Index 2014, earning recognition as a lTop 20 U.S. brand.
- Ranked 12th largest law firm by the National Law Journal in 2012.
- Ranked 16th on Law360’s Global 20 Ranking in 2012.[when?]
- Ranked 19th among American law firms with the most gross revenue by AmLaw 100 in 2010.
- Ranked 1st out of 411 law firms by The BTI Client Relationship Scorecard for building and maintaining client relationships, June 2009.
- Ranked 2nd best law firm for women by Am Law Daily.[when?]
- "Reed Smith revenue rises 7 percent". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. 4 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Organizational Profile of Reed Smith at the National Law Review". The National Law Review. May 16, 2012.
- Reed Smith Profile
- "Reed Smith Advances on Law360’s Global 20 Ranking".
- "The Am Law 100 2010". ALM Legal Intelligence. 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "The BTI Client Relationship Scorecard: Ranking Law Firm-Client Relationships 2009, Executive summary". BTI Consulting Group. 2009. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Law Daily "Women in Leadership: A Complicated Census". 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.