|Launched||September 27, 2006|
|Owned by||Hubbard Broadcasting|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Slogan||Hollywood Happens Here.|
|Headquarters||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|DirecTV||Channel 238 (SD)
Channel 1238 On Demand (HD)
|Dish Network||Channel 299 (SD/HD)
Channel 9504 (HD)
|Available on many American cable systems||Check local listings, channels may vary|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 233|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 799 (SD)'
Channel 1799 (HD)
Reelz (also known as ReelzChannel) is an American digital cable television channel owned by Hubbard Broadcasting that airs programming about movies as well as syndicated programming. It features news and information on movies currently in theatres as well as information on movies released on DVD and airing on cable television each week. In addition, VOD and Pay-TV highlights are featured in a segment that airs twice an hour called ReelzChannel Recommends. It is tailored to providers based on either the pay-per-view channel map or VOD remote instructions for each system. Another segment that airs each hour is called Movies That Deliver sponsored by Domino's Pizza. It is tailored to subscribers of premium cable networks like HBO, Showtime, and Starz. ReelzChannel also operates a hotel-only service in partnership with LodgeNet, called ReelzChannel In Your Room. This combines original ReelzChannel programming with movie reviews in case one wishes to order a movie in their hotel room.
ReelzChannel launched on September 27, 2006 and is independently owned and operated. It was initially available via DirecTV and Dish Network but has also signed carriage deals with various cable companies including Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter Communications and recently Cablevision.
As of August 2013, approximately 66,739,000 American households (58.44% of households with television) receive Reelz.
Reelz HD, a 720p high definition simulcast of Reelz, launched August 1, 2010. AT&T U-verse was the first provider to carry the channel on September 27, 2010. On March 30, 2011, Dish Network became the second provider to carry it, but only until May 4, 2011. DirecTV offers ReelzChannel's video on demand content in HD.
- Reelz Channel launches today TV Squad.com September 27, 2006 Joel Keller
- LURED BY GOVERNOR RICHARDSON AND THE NEW MEXICO FILM OFFICE REELZ CHANNEL MAKES BOLD MOVE TO RELOCATE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS TO ALBUQUERQUE IN EARLY 2009 Reelz Channel Press Release January 7, 2009
- Seidman, Robert (August 23, 2013). "List of How Many Homes Each Cable Networks Is In — Cable Network Coverage Estimates As Of August 2013". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- Quote from PR: "DISH Network subscribers will be able to watch all REELZCHANNEL programming in HD April 3 through May 4"
- "Crime Drama Series "Cracked" Makes Its U.S. Premiere Friday, August 30, 2013 at 10PM ET/7PM PT". The Futon Critic. August 6, 2013.
- Richmond, Ray (July 28, 2013). "TCA: ReelzChannel Unveils ‘JFK: The Smoking Gun,’ ‘The Capones,’ ‘Hollywood Hillbillies’". Deadline Hollywood.
- "New Premiere Date for "The Capones" Reality Series Is Tuesday, January 28, 2014". The Futon Critic (Press release). October 14, 2013.
- ReelzChannel To Air ‘Kennedys' Miniseries Multichannel News February 1, 2011
- ReelzChannel Picks Up ‘Pillars Of The Earth’ Deadline.com August 30, 2011
- 'World Without End' Miniseries Heads to ReelzChannel HollywoodReporter.com May 22, 2012
- O'Neil, Tom (June 6, 2010). "'Modern Family' leads nominations for new Critics' Choice TV Awards". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 6, 2010). "Mad Men, Fringe, Good Wife, Modern Family, Community, Justified Lead Critics Choice Kudos". TVLine. Retrieved June 8, 2011.