||It has been suggested that Reflec Beat Limelight, Reflec Beat Colette and Reflec Beat Groovin'!! be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2015.|
|Developer(s)||Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo|
|Publisher(s)||Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo|
Reflec Beat (リフレクビート?) is a rhythm game from Bemani, being the latest of its kind since jubeat in 2008. The game underwent location tests in various parts of Japan, Hong Kong and Korea from June to August 2010. It was released on November 4, 2010. An update, ver. 1.5 was released on July 14, 2011.
In the game field, there will be 2 lines, where the line at the bottom is the player's. Round markers called "Objects" will come towards the player's line, and the aim of the player is to touch them exactly when they are on the line.
There are five types of Object:
- Gold Object: Gold Object will bounce to the opposite direction if it is touched on either the player's or the opponent's line.
- Black Object: Black Object will disappear if it is touched on either the player's or the opponent's line.
- Long Object: Similar to "Charge Notes" in IIDX or "Freeze Arrows" on DDR, the player must touch and hold their finger on the same position until the tail of it reaches the line.
- Chain Object: This type of Object appears with a line that links it to another Object behind it. The two Objects will reach the line in the same place but at a different time.
- 2TOP Object: More commonly used on higher difficulties. There will be 2 2TOP receptors (3 on HARD) to which special green Objects move towards. Just like with the line, player must touch the Object when it overlaps the receptor to hit it successfully.
There are four judgements that will appear when the objects are touched: JUST for the highest judgement, GREAT, GOOD and MISS for the lowest judgement. All of these judgements will be scored differently. The score appears on the middle of the game field, and depending on the score, the player will either win or lose.
There's also a unique feature called the JUST REFLEC Gauge. This gauge is divided by three, and when the player successfully hits an object, it will be filled. Once it is filled, the player will be able to use "TOUCH & SLIDE". Players just have to hit a Gold Object (not a Black Object) and slide it so the object will bounce back faster in an unpredictable direction, but at the same time it costs a portion of the gauge.
REFLEC BEAT uses Level unlocking system, in which unlocks a new song when reaching some specific level. Meanwhile, Infinity is unlocked after player play 偶然の確率 and Ready to be a lady consecutively. Events like APPEND FESTIVAL and other give the player some songs to be unlocked. Level unlocking system and events held by KONAMI to unlock songs require an e-amusement card to be used.
APPEND FESTIVAL that started on March 8, 2011 gave REFLEC BEAT 3 more songs to be unlocked; 2 songs from previous jubeat releases and 1 new song that would appear on the same time on jubeat knit APPEND. e-Amusement Pass is required to use this system.
Lincle LINK 1
KONAMI announced Lincle LINK 1 event on June 30, 2011. Lincle LINK 1 began in July 2011, linking Beatmania IIDX 18: Resort Anthem and REFLEC BEAT together by unlocking songs from one game on the other. e-Amusement Pass was required.
There are a total of 92 songs in this game, ranging from licences, new original songs and crossovers from the other Bemani games. Note that all of Konami Originals, Unlocks and Crossovers required e-Amusement Pass to be played.
The home version, REFLEC BEAT plus have been announced on September 16, 2011 for Apple iOS. As with jubeat plus, REFLEC BEAT plus will come with only 3 songs bundled, but the player may purchase song packs. It was released on November 24, 2011.
A sequel, Reflec Beat LIMELIGHT was announced by Konami on June 20, 2011. A location test was held on June 22–28, 2011 in Yokohama, and July 29-August 3, 2011 in Hiroshima. As the title suggests, it has a lime green color scheme as opposed to purple. It was released on November 16, 2011.
- REFLEC BEAT Location test
- REFLEC BEAT Release! UPDATE. Bemanistyle. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- REFLEC BEAT Official Page's Music section. Konami. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- APPEND FESTIVAL Information page. Konami. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- List of RFELEC BEAT songs BemaniWIKI 2nd. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- REFLEC BEAT plus music pack information