Reflections of Passion
|Reflections of Passion|
|Studio album by Yanni|
|Released||April 24, 1990|
Soft adult contemporary
Reflections of Passion is Yanni's sixth studio album, released on the Private Music label in 1990 (see 1990 in music). The album peaked at #1 on "Billboard's "Top New Age Albums" chart, and at #29 on the "Billboard 200" chart during the same year.
It was accompanied by the Reflections of Passion concert tour in the same year.
Although Reflections of Passion is categorized by the RIAA as a full album, all but three of the tracks on it had been released at least once prior; the title selection, for example, had itself previously been included on Chameleon Days. Since the album sampled the most successful tracks from Yanni's previous albums, it can be seen as a greatest hits compilation.
In the album notes, the composer says, "This album represents my life's passions during the past ten years. It is an expression of love for the people in my life, as well as for some very special and inspiring places I can never forget."
|1.||"After the Sunrise"||4:38|
|5.||"Almost a Whisper"||3:08|
|6.||"The Rain Must Fall"||4:37|
|12.||"Flight of Fantasy"||5:41|
|13.||"A Word in Private"||3:45|
|15.||"Reflections of Passion"||4:35|
- All music composed and produced by Yanni
- Produced by Peter Baumann
- Acoustic, electronic drums and percussion: Charlie Adams
- (G=Gold, P=Platinum, M=Multi-Platinum)
- YANNI REFLECTIONS OF PASSION 04/19/91 PRIVATE MUSIC G ALBUM SOLO Std
- YANNI REFLECTIONS OF PASSION 10/16/91 PRIVATE MUSIC P ALBUM SOLO Std
- YANNI REFLECTIONS OF PASSION 09/08/95 PRIVATE MUSIC M (2) ALBUM SOLO Std
The Reflections of Passion concert tour
Star Tribune (1990-07-05) Playing with the Minnesota Orchestra has been a dream of Yanni Chryssomallis, who came from Greece in 1973 to study psychology at the University of Minnesota, where his brother already was a student there. It's coincidental that he will perform with the orchestra at Northrop auditorium, where he attended his first "U" class, Psychology 101.
Yanni, who moved to Los Angeles in 1987, has played twice with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. A video of the second appearance is being prepared for television broadcast on PBS or a cable network. Yanni plans to use the tape to convince other orchestras to perform with his quartet which includes percussionist Charlie Adams, Yanni's former colleague in the Twin Cities rock band Chameleon, and Minneapolis keyboardist, Bradley Joseph. He expects that he will work with as many as 10 symphonies this year, and then record with the Prague Symphony.
- Charlie Adams – drums
- Osama Afifi – bass guitar
- Charlie Bisharat – violin
- Michael Bruno – percussion
- Joyce Imbesi – keyboards
- Bradley Joseph – keyboards
- "Chart history for Reflections of Passion". Allmusic. Retrieved 2007-08-31.
- Reflections of Passion (CD liner). Yanni. Private Music. 1990. P2 2067.
- "Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) Gold and Platinum searchable database". Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Bream, Jon (1990-07-05). "Yanni's music strikes a chord for Linda Evans; so does the man". Star Tribune.