Reformed Church in Latvia
This denomination currently has 2 congregation in Riga. The oldest Reformed church was built in 1733, membership was mostly German traders and consisted of 1000 members till 1938. During World War II the Germans left. In 1949 the Reformed church joined the Evangelical Church of the Brethrenand the Evangelical Brethren Community. The Evangelical - Reformed Brethren Community was formed. Later in 1964 during the Communist regime the church was transferred to a sound studio.
In the 1990s the church was reorganised and with the help of the Presbyterian Church in America planted another church and founded The Baltic Reformed Seminary. The church building was returned to the church in dezember, 1993, the rededication service was held in May, 1994. Since 1996 a pastor from Toronto serves the church. The Reformed Church in Latvia is a member of the World Communion of Reformed Churches.
The church teaches the five Solas:
- Sola Scriptura - Scripture Alone
- Sola Fide - Faith Alone
- Solus Christus - Christ Alone
- Sola Gratia - Grace Alone
- Soli Deo Gloria - the Glory of God Alone
- Baltic Reformed Seminary www.brts.edu.lv
- Riga Reformed Church www.rrd.lv
- Riga Reformed Bible Church www.rrbd.lv
- Mission to the World (PCA) www.mtw.org