Regency House Party
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2012)|
|Regency House Party|
|Genre||Historical reality television|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8 (4 in the US version)|
|Running time||50 min.|
|Original channel||Channel 4|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
Regency House Party is a historical reality television programme made by Wall to Wall/Channel 4 in 2004. It is the fourth in a series of historical reality series produced by Channel 4, preceded by The 1900 House, The 1940s House, and The Edwardian Country House.
In the series a group of five men and five women, accompanied by four older female "chaperones," are given the identities of Regency-era singles. Participants received instruction in the upper class courtship rituals of the time and were charged with seeking out a suitable marriages within the group.
The identities assigned range from titled aristocracy and other wealthy members of society to middle class social climbers. One woman is assigned the role of the ladies' assistant and is thus excluded, according to the conventions of the times, from many of the social activities in the house.
- Mr. Chris Gorell Barnes - Host and Master of Kentchurch Court
- Mr. John Everett - stage manager who is given the second highest male ranking in the house
- "Captain" Jeremy Glover - former dotcom millionare who is given the third highest male ranking in the house and given the role of a Regency Naval captain
- "Captain" Paul Robinson - hair dresser who is given the fourth highest male ranking in the house and given the role of commissioned officer
- Mr. Mark Foxsmith - teacher who is given the lowest male ranking in the house and given the role of a clergyman
- Countess Larushka Daniilovna Griaznov - barmate who seems to be a countess who is given the highest female ranking. She is given the role of a Russian countess who is now penniless.
- Miss Victoria Hopkins - a rich sales and marketing executive, who is given the second highest female ranking.
- Miss Lisa Braund - a receptionist, the 3rd ranked female
- Miss Haley Conick - trainee headhunter, the 4th ranked female
- Cesca Martin - given the lowest rank of the eligible females, unpaid servant to Hostess Rogers.
- Fiona Rogers - former society model who is given the role as the House Hostess
- Elizabeth Davonport - the chaperone of Ms. Hopkins as the role of Lady Davonport
- Rosie Hammond - self-made millionaire, the chaperon of Miss Braund
- Rosemary Enright - former military officer and romantic novelist, the chaperone of Miss Conick
- Miss Tanya Samuel - abolitionist, and the highest ranking female guest in the Regency House Party.