Regency Mall (Racine)
|Developer||Richard E. Jacobs Group|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties|
|No. of stores and services||100+|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,040,490 sq ft (96,665 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Regency Mall is an enclosed super-regional shopping mall that opened in August 1981, located in Racine, Wisconsin. The mall has a gross leasable area of 872,409 square feet (81,049.4 m2). It features about 100 stores and is anchored by Boston Store, Burlington Coat Factory, JCPenney, and Sears.
Originally, Burlington Coat Factory was a Bergner's, then Prange's that was converted to Younkers in 1992, which then closed in 2000. The space became a home store for Boston Store in 2002, and was closed in 2004 to become Steve & Barry's. Also in 2004, Linens 'n Things opened in the JCPenney wing, taking space previously occupied by other retailers including RadioShack and Chick-fil-A.
Steve & Barry's moved to a smaller store in 2008, allowing Burlington Coat Factory to take its old location. The newly relocated Steve & Barry's closed the same year and became The Furniture Store. After Linens 'n Things closed, it became Flooring Supercenter, and then an hhgregg electronics store in 2012. Steve & Barry's second store eventually became PayHalf in 2013.
In October 2013, it was confirmed that Sears would be closing.
By the end of May 2014, Linda’s Hallmark store in Regency Mall is set to close.
In June 2014 Curt Pruitt has left his job as manager of Regency Mall.
In July 2014 JCPenney has put its space at Regency Mall up for sale. Also in 2014 Hallmark, MasterCuts, Regis Hair Salon closed.  In January 2015, it was announced the JCPenney store was closing as part of a plan to close 39 underperforming stores nationwide.
- Regency Mall, International Council of Shopping Centers. Accessed December 16, 2007.
- Racine History Timeline 1900-Present. Accessed December 16, 2007.
- Tunkieicz, Jennie. "Regency Mall working to fill empty spaces", Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, September 11, 2004. Accessed December 16, 2007.
- In May 2014 Hallmark closes
- Strauss, Gary (January 8, 2015). "J.C. Penney, Macy's to shut stores, lay off scores". USA Today (Gannett). Retrieved January 9, 2015.