|Traded as||NASDAQ: REGN|
|Headquarters||Tarrytown, New York, US (Headquarters)|
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biotechnology company headquartered in Tarrytown, New York. The company was founded in 1988. Originally focused on neurotrophic factors and their regenerative capabilities (thus the name), it branched out into the study of both cytokine and tyrosine kinase receptors.
Regeneron has two products in development based on aflibercept, a VEGF inhibitor, and rilonacept, an interleukin-1 blocker. VEGF is a protein that normally stimulates the growth of blood vessels, and interleukin-1 is a protein that is normally involved in inflammation. On March 26, 2012 Bloomberg announced that Sanofi and Regeneron are in development with a new cholesterol drug which will help reduce cholesterol up to 72% more than the leading brands. It is believed this new drug will greatly reduce heart disease in patients around the world. The medicine, one in a class of drugs targeting the PCSK9 gene, reduced patients’ average LDL cholesterol levels to as little as 34 milligrams per deciliter after 12 weeks in the mid- stage study, presented on March, 2012 at the American College of Cardiology meeting in Chicago.
ARCALYST (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use: Approved by the FDA in February 2008.
ZALTRAP for metastatic colorectal cancer: Approved by the FDA in August 2012.
Trap Fusion Proteins: Regeneron’s novel and patented Trap technology creates high-affinity product candidates for many types of signaling molecules, including growth factors and cytokines. The Trap technology involves fusing two distinct fully human receptor components and a fully human immunoglobulin-G constant region.
Fully Human Monoclonal Antibodies: Regeneron has developed a suite (VelociSuite) of patented technologies, including VelocImmune and VelociMab, that allow Regeneron scientists to determine the best targets for therapeutic intervention and rapidly generate high-quality, fully human antibodies drug candidates addressing these targets.
- "REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS INC 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 13, 2014.
- "REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS INC 2014 Q1 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 8, 2014.
- Herper, Matthew (August 14, 2013). "How Two Guys From Queens Are Changing Drug Discovery". Forbes (United States). Archived from the original on March 16, 2014. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
- "Regulators Approve a Drug for an Eye Condition". The New York Times. Associated Press. November 18, 2011.(registration required)
- "FDA approves Zaltrap for metastatic colorectal cancer" (Press release). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. August 3, 2012. Archived from the original on June 25, 2013.