Regenesis (non-profit organization)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2009)|
Regenesis is an environmental and social justice activist group founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 2007 by a group of student activists, including Claudia Rodriguez and politician Mike Kenny. The group has chapters at university campuses across Canada.
The group had members stand as candidates for the 2008 Canadian Youth Parliamentary Elections from their various campus clubs at universities across Canada.
Regenesis is the only national non-profit advocating for the removal of fluoride, which they view as an important environmental health issue, under the campaign name Vote OUT Fluoride. In 2009, their anti-fluoridation campaign in Thunder Bay helped convince Thunder Bay City Council to vote against fluoridating Thunder Bay's water supply. They have been lobbying Toronto City Council, along with other member organizations of the Toronto Coalition Against Fluoridation, to halt the practice of adding Hexafluorosilicic acid to Toronto's drinking water.
- Claudia Rodriguez | Ontario New Democratic Party
- Turning Up The Heat - Excalibur York University's Community Newspaper
- TorontoSun.com - Toronto And GTA - Every cause in town welcomed
- Vote Out Fluoride
- Council says no to fluoride, Thunder Bay News Watch
- Thunder Bay Says NO to Fluoride - Thunder Bay News Ledger
- Globe & Mail - Toronto votes to continue fluoridating water
- Toronto Coalition Against Fluoridation
|This article about an organization in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|