Regent's Park tube station
Location of Regent's Park in Central London
|Local authority||City of Westminster|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Baker Street and Waterloo Railway|
|10 March 1906||Station opened|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Regent's Park tube station is a London Underground station by Regent's Park. It is on the Bakerloo line, between Baker Street and Oxford Circus. It is located on Marylebone Road between the two arms of Park Crescent in Travelcard Zone 1.
The station was opened on 10 March 1906 by the Baker Street & Waterloo Railway (BS&WR); In the original parliamentary authority for the construction of the BS&WR no station was allowed at Regent's Park. Permission was granted to add it to the already partially constructed line in 1904.
Unlike most of the BS&WR's other stations, Regent's Park has no surface buildings and is accessed from a subway. The station is served by lifts, and between 10 July 2006 and 14 June 2007 it was closed to allow essential refurbishment work on these and other parts of the station. There is also a staircase which can be used which has 96 steps.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Rose, Douglas (1999). The London Underground, A Diagrammatic History. Douglas Rose. ISBN 1-85414-219-4.
- Badsey-Ellis, Antony (2005). London's Lost Tube Schemes. Capital Transport. p. 232. ISBN 1-85414-293-3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Regent's Park tube station.|
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle
|This article about the London Underground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|