Regent University College of Science and Technology
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2014)|
|Regent University College of Science and Technology|
|Motto||Peace, Justice and Industry|
|Chairman||Prof. N. N. Nsowah-Nuamah|
|Chancellor||Rev. Dr. Kwabena Darko|
|President||Rev. Prof. E. Kingsley Kwabena Larbi|
|Location||Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana|
The Regent University College of Science and Technology (elsewhere referred to as Regent-Ghana) is located in Accra, Ghana. It was registered in September 2003, and received accreditation to operate as a tertiary institution in 2004, and in January 2005, it started its maiden lectures with about 30 pioneer students at its maiden campus, the Trinity Campus, Mataheko. Currently, it has three other satellite campuses, located at Dansoman, Lartebiorkoshie, and Graphic Road. Plans are underway to construct its purpose-built, main campus at the McCarthy Hill. In the 14th edition of the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, Regent Ghana, is ranked 3rd best university in Ghana.
- 1 Organization
- 2 Faculties
- 3 School of Informatics and Engineering (SIE)
- 4 Department of Informatics
- 5 Department of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences
- 6 Postgraduate Studies
- 7 Mission
- 8 Affiliations
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
The University College now has three Schools, namely, the School of Business and Economics (SBE), the School of Informatics and Engineering (SIE), and the School of Research and Graduate Studies (SRGS). The School of Research and Graduate Studies currently offers four postgraduate degree programmes, namely, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Statistics, Master of Divinity, and Master of Theology. The MBA programme is jointly offered by Regent University College and the Maastricht School of Management. The School of Research and Graduate Studies provides oversight to all postgraduate programmes. There is also the Language Centre and a newly established Centre for Academic Writing. A number of interdisciplinary programmes cross the boundaries between schools and disciplines.
School of Business and Economics (SBE): The School of Business and Economics (SBE) adopts a multi-disciplinary approach in the study of Business related courses with computing, with the aim of producing highly marketable 'hybrid' professionals equipped with information technology skills and the competencies and professional skills required in their own chosen fields.
Students are enabled, with this special arrangement, to acquire the versatility required to function effectively and successfully in today's ICT-driven business environment. The following are the departments under this school and the undergraduate degree programmes they each offer:
Department of Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance with French
Department of Management and Economics
- BSc (Hons) Management with Computing
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Computing
- BBA eCommerce
Department of Psychology
- BSc Human Development and Psychology
Department of Divinity
- Bachelor of Theology with Management (Honours)
School of Informatics and Engineering (SIE)
The School of Informatics and Engineering (SIE) has been established as a pace-setter institution in Ghana to provide high quality and integrated ICT-based university education, having in mind the developmental and technological needs of the African continent. Regent sees the study of the structure, behaviour, and the interactions of both natural and artificial computational systems as a discipline critical to the future development of science, technology and society. In our fast-moving technology oriented world, the discipline of computer science in its various facets, is affecting every aspect of human endeavour. To reflect the ever-changing nature of computer science and its close interaction with other disciplines, the curriculum of the SIE has taken into consideration broad range of programmes and disciplines. Undergraduate degree programmes offered include:
The following are the departments under this school and the undergraduate degree programmes they each offer:
Department of Informatics
- BSc (Hons) Instructional Technology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Information Systems Sciences
Department of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences
BEng (Hons) Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering Option
- Computer Engineering Option
- Instrumentation Engineering Option
Regent Ghana's postgraduate programmes are dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and practical application of knowledge, and embraces the values of learning, innovation and creativity. Students are taught to become pragmatic leaders in their various fields of endeavor.
Accredited postgraduate degree programmes that the University offers are:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Statistics
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Theology
- M.Eng in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
The mission of Regent-Ghana is to produce purpose-driven human resource, committed to socio-economic and spiritual renewal, with science and technology expertise in a competitive global environment. The University community shares in the vision of the founder and president of the Regent University College of Science and Technology, Prof. E. Kingsley Larbi, to establish and maintain one of the leading, and finest institutions in the world.
It is dedicated to seeing every member of faculty, staff, and alumni of the University to be committed to socio-economic and spiritual renewal. This understanding informs and fashions the investment Regent-Ghana makes into its students, faculty, and supporting staff. Motivated by a dedicated and visionary leadership, ICT-driven curricula, and Christian ethical values, Regent-Ghana aims at its fully preparing its students to effectively spearhead national and industrial development anywhere in the global community.
The university is affiliated to five other universities.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University of Education, Winneba, Ghana
- Acadia University, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Deggendorf University of Applied Sciences, Deggendorf, Germany
- Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Wheelock College, Boston, USA
- "PARTNER UNIVERSITIES, ALLIANCES AND AGREEMENTS". Official Website. Regent University College of Science and Technology. 2007. Archived from the original on 14 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-14.
- "Accredited Institutions – University Colleges". National Accreditation Board. Retrieved 2007-03-06.
- "Affiliates - Regent University College of Science and Technology". Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "acadiau.ca". Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "fh-deggendorf.de". Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Affiliations – Deggendorf University of Applied Sciences". Official Website. Regent University College of Science and Technology. 2007. Archived from the original on 13 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-14.
- "wheelock.edu". Retrieved 19 September 2014.