Regents Park, Queensland
Logan City, Queensland
Lamberth Road, 2014
|Population||10,657 (2011 census)|
|Location||25 km (16 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
Regents Park is a suburb of Logan City, immediately south of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. The suburb is approximately 5 km² (476 hectares) in area, 12% of which is taken up by five parks. In the 2011 census, Regents Park had a population of 10,657 people.
In 2006, the predominant age group in Regents Park was 35–49 years. Households in Regents Park were primarily couples with children (53%). People in Regents park were likely to be repaying between $800.00 and $2000.00 per month on mortgage repayments. The three top occupational groups were technicians and trades workers (18%), clerical and administrative workers (16.8%) and labourers (14.3%). About 40% of the people worked in Logan City and another 40% in Brisbane City.
In 2011, the population was 50.5% female and 49.5% male. The median/average age of the Regents Park population was 30 years of age, 7 years below the Australian average. 67.1% of people living in Regents Park were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 9.2%, England 3.6%, Philippines 1.5%, Bosnia and Herzegovina 0.9%, South Africa 0.6%. 80.2% of people speak English as their first language 1.3% Samoan, 1.2% Serbian, 1.2% Spanish, 0.8% Mandarin, 0.7% Croatian.
Yugumbir State School opened on 28 January 1986. Regents Park State School opened on 1 January 1994.
There are three schools in Regents Park. Yugumbir State School, a government primary school, is located on Vansittart Road ( The name 'Yugumbir' is an Aboriginal word for the district. Regents Park State School, a government primary school, is located on Emerald Drive ( ). St Bernardine's School, a Roman Catholic primary school, is located at 25 Vergulde Road ( ).).
The nearest major shopping centre is Grand Plaza at Browns Plains.
- Village Fair Shopping Centre, Corner of Vansittart Rd and Estramina Rd (North)
- Supermarket, IGA
- Fruit Market and Deli, Troppos
- Garden of Eden Restaurant, Takeaway, Coffee Shop
- Hairdresser, The Shearing Shed
- Travel Agent
- Discount Store
- Pizza takeaway, Pizza Capers
- 24 hr Laundromat/Launderette
- Homewares, Loot
- Real Estate, First National
- Seafood takeaway, Tim Seafood Takeaway
- more shops...
- Emerald Shopping Plaza, Corner of Emerald Drive and Lamberth Rd (South)
- Mini SuperMarket, FoodWorks
- Fish & Chips Shop
- Real Estate Agent
- Regents Park Shopping Centre, along Waller Road. (East)
- Grocery Store
- Medical Center/Pharmacy
- Real Estate Agent
Logan West Library is located in Grand Plaza Drive, Browns Plains near Grand Plaza. Other Logan City Council libraries not far away are in Greenbank and Marsden. Visit the LCC Library Page for more information.
There are three weekend markets near Regents Park:
- Woodridge Train Station Markets, every Sunday 6 am - 12 noon, Croydon Road, Woodridge (opposite the Woodridge train station)
A traditional multicultural fresh produce street market, easily accessible by train
- Logan Central Markets, every Sunday 6 am - 12 noon, Logan Central Plaza, Wembley Road, Logan Central
- Browns Plains Markets, first & third Saturday of every month, mornings, showgrounds at the corner of Browns Plains and Waller Roads.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Regents Park (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Regents Park (entry 47119)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Regents Park (SSC)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Regents Park". Suburbs. Logan City Council. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Queensland State and Non-State Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Prospectus 2014". Yugumbir State School. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Regents Park, Queensland.|