Regina Folk Festival
The Regina Folk Festival (RFF) is an annual folk music festival held in Victoria Park in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Occurring the second weekend in August, the festival is a three-day annual event that attracts around 20,000 people and over 500 volunteers. It is Western Canada's longest-running music festival. Since 1999, its artistic director has been Sandra Butel. The organization is run by Butel and Manager of Operations, Jeannie Straub.
The festival was first held in 1969 on the Regina Campus of the University of Saskatchewan. This led to the creation of the Regina Guild of Folk Arts (RGFA). Since that time, the RGFA has continued to present both an annual festival (the Regina Folk Festival) and year-round music performances (the Regina Folk Festival Concert Series). For sixteen years RGFA produced and staged the Regina Folk Festival at various indoor venues.
In March 2006 the membership of Regina Guild of Folk Arts Inc. voted to change the name of the organization to Regina Folk Festival Inc. (RFF Inc.) In 2009 the festival will celebrate its fortieth anniversary.
In addition to the concerts, there are also daytime workshops, and free children's performers.
- Fuller, Cam. "Numerous reasons to (heart) Queen City", The StarPhoenix, 2007-10-13, p. E1.
- "My Favourite Festival: To get into the spirit of summer, we asked a few writers how they plan to party", National Post, 2008-06-28, p. WP13.
- Krochak, Gerry. "Discover your new favourite band", Regina Leader-Post, 2007-08-09, p. B1.
- Matte, Andrew. "Sandra says...: Artistic director Sandra Butel expects another RFF success", Regina Leader-Post, 2008-08-07, p. B1. Retrieved on 2008-12-20.
- "Music-related festivals popular", Regina Leader-Post, 2002-07-16, p. B7.
- "Festival organizers eye 1995 after deficit kills this summer's", Canadian Press, published in The Vancouver Sun, 1994-02-12, p. C15.
- About, Regina Folk Festival, retrieved 2008-12-20
- Krochak, Gerry. "Folk festival organizers are up to the challenge", Regina Leader-Post, 2007-03-29, p. D1.
- Block, Sheri. "Regina Folk Festival provides alternative", Regina Leader-Post, 2002-07-24, p. A13.
- Canadian Public broadcasting show on festival 
- Regina Folk Festival Official website
- Photos and performer listing of 2002 show
- Regina Folk Festival by Edward Willett 2000 from personal website