Regina v Rumpole
|Series||Rumpole of the Bailey|
|Followed by||Rumpole and the Golden Thread|
Regina v Rumpole is a 1981 collection of short stories by John Mortimer about defence barrister Horace Rumpole. They were adapted from his scripts for the TV series of the same name. The stories were:
- "Rumpole and the Boat People"
- "Rumpole and the Confession of Guilt"
- "Rumpole and the Dear Departed"
- "Rumpole and the Expert Witness"
- "Rumpole and the Gentle Art of Blackmail"
- "Rumpole and the Rotten Apple"
- "Rumpole and the Spirit of Christmas"
The collection also includes the novel Rumpole's Return. The collection was reissued in 1982 without that novel as Rumpole for the Defence.
- Horace Rumpole at Thrilling Detectives