REGISTRAR-LOCK is a status code that can be set on an Internet domain name by the sponsoring registrar of the domain name. This is usually done in order to prevent unauthorized, unwanted or accidental changes to the domain name.
When set, the following actions are prohibited by the domain name registry:
- Modification of the domain name, including:
- Transferring of the domain name
- Deletion of the domain name
- Modification of the domain contact details
Renewal of the domain name is, however, still possible when REGISTRAR-LOCK is set.
- RFC 2832 - NSI Registry Registrar Protocol (RRP) Version 1.1.0
- RFC 3632 - VeriSign Registry Registrar Protocol (RRP) Version 2.0.0
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|