From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Regulators)
|Look up regulator in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Regulator may refer to:
- Regulator (automatic control), a device that maintains a designated characteristic, as in:
- Regulator (sewer), a control device used in a combined sewer system
- A precision pendulum clock, originally used as a time-standard for adjusting or regulating other clocks and watches
- A British term for a steam engine's throttle
- Regulator (mathematics), a positive real number used in Dirichlet's unit theorem
- Regulator gene, a gene involved in controlling the expression of one or more other genes
- An auxiliary physics concept used in regularization
Music and literature
- The Regulators, a novel by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman
- "The Regulator", a song by Clutch from Blast Tyrant
- "Regulator", a song by Devin Townsend from Ocean Machine: Biomech
- "Regulate", a song by Warren G featuring Nate Dogg from Regulate...G Funk Era
- A member of the Royal Navy Police, formerly the Royal Navy Regulating Branch
- A faction in the War of the Regulation (1760–1771)
- A member of the Shaysites, followers of Daniel Shays during Shays' Rebellion (1786)
- A faction in the Regulator–Moderator War (1839–1844)
- A vigilante organized in response to the Banditti of the Prairie (1835–1848)
- The Lincoln County Regulators, a deputized posse during the Lincoln County War (1878)
- A regulatory agency, a governmental body which oversees a particular economic activity
- A component of Uilleann pipes, a form of bagpipes
- A flood control structure designed to manage the return of flood water from flood plains and diversion areas to the main channel
- All pages beginning with "regulator"
- All pages with titles containing "regulator"
- Regulate (disambiguation)
- Regulation (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Regulator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.