December 30, 1984 |
|Curling club||Charleswood CC,
|Brier appearances||3 (2011, 2013, 2014)|
|Top CCA ranking||1st (2012-13)|
|Grand Slam victories||1: The National (2013)|
Reid Carruthers (born December 30, 1984 in Winnipeg, Manitoba) is a Canadian curler from Winnipeg, Manitoba. He currently skips a Winnipeg-based rink on the World Curling Tour. Carruthers is a former junior provincial champion in 2003 and a Manitoba provincial mixed champion in 2008, both as a skip. He previously skipped a team with Jason Gunnlaugson as third to a provincial final against Jeff Stoughton in 2006.Carruthers would later join the Stoughton rink as his second, in 2010. Carruthers won his first Manitoba provincial title playing for Stoughton at the 2011 Safeway Championship. Carruthers went on to win his first Tim Hortons Brier at the 2011 event in London. The Stoughton team defeated the Glenn Howard team 8 - 6 in the final. The team went on to represent Canada at the 2011 Ford World Men's Curling Championship, which they would eventually win after only losing one game throughout the competition. Carruthers would win two more provincial championships with Stoughton, in 2013 and 2014.
|2005–06||Reid Carruthers||Jason Gunnlaugson||Derek Samagalski||Tyler Forrest|
|2006–07||Reid Carruthers||Jason Gunnlaugson||Justin Richter||Tyler Forrest|
|2007–08||Reid Carruthers||Jason Gunnlaugson||Justin Richter||Tyler Forrest|
|2008–09||Reid Carruthers||Dan Kammerlock||Derek Samagalski||Shane Kilgallen|
|2009–10||Reid Carruthers||Chris Galbraith||Derek Samagalski||Shane Kilgallen|
|2010–11||Jeff Stoughton||Jon Mead||Reid Carruthers||Steve Gould|
|2011–12||Jeff Stoughton||Jon Mead||Reid Carruthers||Steve Gould|
|2012–13||Jeff Stoughton||Jon Mead||Reid Carruthers||Mark Nichols|
|2013–14||Jeff Stoughton||Jon Mead||Reid Carruthers||Mark Nichols|
|Jeff Stoughton||Jon Mead||Mark Nichols||Reid Carruthers|
|2014–15||Reid Carruthers||Braeden Moskowy||Derek Samagalski||Colin Hodgson|
Grand Slam record
|F||Lost in Final|
|SF||Lost in Semifinal|
|QF||Lost in Quarterfinals|
|R16||Lost in the round of 16|
|Q||Did not advance to playoffs|
|DNP||Did not participate in event|
|N/A||Not a Grand Slam event that season|
|Masters / World Cup||Q||QF||DNP||F||QF||QF||SF||DNP|
- "Reid Carruthers". Grand Slam of Curling. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "Reid Carruthers". World Curling Tour. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- Paul Wiecek (14 February 2011). "Hoping to party like it's 1999". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- Doug Harrison (14 March 2011). "Stoughton slows Glenn Howard in Brier final". CBC Sports. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Donna Spencer (10 April 2011). "Canada's Stoughton beats Scotland to win men's world curling championship". Winnipeg Free Press.
- Reid Carruthers on the World Curling Tour database
- Canadian Curling Association Male Athlete of the Week
|This curling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|