|• Hebrew||רֵינָה, ריינה|
|• ISO 259||Réina|
|• Also spelled||Reine (official)|
|• Type||Local council (from 1968)|
|• Total||10,902 dunams (10.902 km2 or 4.209 sq mi)|
Reineh, or Reine (Arabic: الرينة; Hebrew: רֵינָה) is an Arab village in the Galilee, located between Nazareth and Qana of Galilee. The village attained Local council status in 1968. As of 2004, Reineh is home to 15,300 residents, of which 80% are Muslim, 19.3% are Christian and the minuscule remainder being Druze, according to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics.
The village is believed to be located on the site of ancient Abel, whence flowed water to Sepphoris. Until 1927 the village was located north of the Nazareth highway, but a destructive earthquake led its inhabitants to resettle south of the road in its present location.
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 363)
- Guérin, Victor (1880). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 3: Galilee, pt. 1. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale. (p. 165 )
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center. ( p.62 )
- Jaffe, Gilad Bezal’el (2012): Er-Reina Final report, Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel, No. 124
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Mokary, Abdalla (2012): Er-Reina, Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel, No. 124
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 132)
- Robinson, Edward; Smith, Eli (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the year 1838 3. Boston: Crocker & Brewster. (p. 209)
|This geography of Israel article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|