rekonq 0.7.0 running on Kubuntu 11.04
|Developer(s)||Andrea Diamantini and other KDE developers|
|Initial release||December 2, 2008|
|Stable release||2.4.2 (12 January 2014 ) [±]|
|Written in||C++, Qt|
|Size||~1.1 MiB|
|License||GNU GPL v3|
rekonq is a lightweight, QtWebKit-based web browser developed inside the free software project KDE. It is the default web browser of Chakra GNU/Linux, and was formerly of Kubuntu (between versions 10.10 and 13.10). rekonq has been officially included in KDE Extragear since May 25, 2010. In contrast to Konqueror, a web browser and file manager also developed by KDE, rekonq aims to be a standalone and simple web browser. Its code was initially based on Qt Development Frameworks' QtDemoBrowser and is developed on KDE Projects' Git repository.
rekonq integrates into the KDE desktop, e.g. downloading files through KDE download system, sharing bookmarks with Konqueror, KIO support, etc. rekonq possesses most of the features of a modern web browser, specifically:
- Tabbed browsing
- Unique loading address bar
- Ad blocker
- Support for plugins (Flash, Java)
- Proxy support
rekonq uses the WebKit HTML rendering engine provided in QtWebKit.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rekonq.|
- Comparison of lightweight web browsers
- Comparison of web browsers
- List of web browsers
- List of web browsers for Unix and Unix-like operating systems
- "rekonq authors". Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- Andrea Diamantini (2 December 2008). "rekonq 0.0.1". Kde-announce-apps (Mailing list). Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "rekonq: Files". SourceForge. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Diamantini, Andrea (12 January 2014). "rekonq 2.4.2". adjam.weblog(). Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Andrea Diamantini. "rekonq license". Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Chakra Edn 2011.11 review". LinuxBSDos. 2011-11-11. p. 1. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
Unless you chose to install Firefox and/or Chromium during the installation process, the lone installed browser will be reKonq, a native Web browser for KDE.
- Kubuntu.org (2010-10-10). "Kubuntu 10.10 Release".
- "Kubuntu 14.04 LTS". Kubuntu.org. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- adjam (2010). "rekonq 0.5 beta, in extragear!".
|This KDE-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|