From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Relaxation stands quite generally for a release of tension, a return to equilibrium.
|Look up relaxation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In the sciences, the term is used in the following ways:
- Relaxation (physics), and more in particular:
- Relaxation (NMR), processes by which nuclear magnetization returns to the equilibrium distribution
- Dielectric relaxation, the delay in the dielectric constant of a material
- Structural relaxation, responsible for the glass transition
- Vibrational energy relaxation, the process by which molecules in high energy quantum states return to the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution.
In computer science:
- Relaxation, the act of substituting alternative program code during linking
- Relaxation technique, an activity that helps a person to relax
- Relaxed in Flow (psychology), a state of arousal, flow, over-learned self-control and relaxation
- Relaxation (psychology), the emotional state of low tension
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Relaxation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.