Release International is an international organization for monitoring and reporting persecution of Christians around the world and helping the victims of that persecution. It is considered to be a one of the "leading persecution watchdogs", which serves Christians in more than 30 countries.
Among the main declared objectives of the association are:
- Providing assistance for the needs of the families of martyrs and prisoners,
- Enabling evangelical churches to survive persecution and its effects,
- Helping the persecuted church win to Christ those who are opposed to the Gospel,
- Supplying Bibles and literature to meet the need for growth and evangelism,
- Being the voice of the martyrs and the oppressed.
Release International supports and publishes a magazine called "Release".
- "250 Million Christians Will Be Persecuted in 2007", Christian Post, January 2007.
- "Vietnam war rumbles on, Christians branded 'the enemy'", Christian Today, March 2008.
- "Persecution Watchdog Urges Religious Freedom Ahead of China Olympics", Christian Today, September 2007.
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|