Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in the Middle East
|Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in the Middle East|
|Directed by||Wayne Kopping
Brian K. Spector
|Produced by||Raphael Shore
|Written by||Wayne Kopping
|Edited by||Wayne Kopping
Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in the Middle East, also known as Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in Israel, is a 2003 documentary produced by the pro-Israel media watchdog group HonestReporting. The film explores the cause of the Second Intifada through an examination of compliance with the Declaration of Principles, otherwise known as the Oslo Accords, by Israel and the Palestinian Authority. It places the blame for the violence that ensued on the Palestinian Authority. It focuses, in particular, on the failure of the Palestinian Authority to "educate for peace," citing reports by Center for Monitoring the Impact of Peace on Palestinian textbooks, by showing footage from Palestinian TV that encourages suicide bombing and preaches hatred of Jews and Israelis.
The film includes interviews with Itamar Marcus, the director of Palestinian Media Watch, S. El-Herfi, Raanan Gissin, Caroline Glick, John Loftus, Sherri Mandel, Yariv Oppenheimer, Daniel Pipes, Tashbih Sayyed and Natan Sharansky.
The film was produced and co-written by Raphael Shore, formerly the director of outreach for Aish HaTorah International. It is based on a PowerPoint presentation that Shore used as a study aid when he was teaching a political science course in Israel.
Dan Pine reviewed the movie in the j., the Jewish news weekly of Northern California, describing it as sincere and gripping, however despite its making a convincing case against the Palestinian behavior and strategies, he still considered it propaganda.
- Deception: Betraying the Peace Process
- Peace, Propaganda, and the Promised Land
- Official Website of Relentless
- Mission Statement - Honest Reporting
- Radler, Melissa (February 16, 2003). "Relentless: the Struggle for Peace in Israel". The Jerusalem Post.
- Kahn-Oren, Elana (May 30, 2003). "Middle East film ‘Relentless’ set for local screening". Wisconsin Jewish Chronicle.
- Brand, Rachael (May 29, 2003). "Looking for Truth in Documentaries". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles.
- Pine, Dan (July 11, 2003). "Intifada film leaves crowd of 200 depressed, defiant". j., Jewish News Weekly of Northern California.
- Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in the Middle East on YouTube
- Relentless: The Struggle for Peace in Israel at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a political documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|