|Traded as||NSE: RCOM
|Headquarters||Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra, India|
|Anil Ambani (President)
Shaiq Wani (CEO)
|Revenue||₹218 billion (US$3.5 billion) (2013)|
|₹6.72 billion (US$110 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||₹902 billion (US$14 billion) (2013)|
|Members||13.74 crore  (2014)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Reliance Globalcom Limited
Reliance Big TV Limited
Reliance Communications Ltd. (commonly called RCOM) is an Indian Internet access (commonly called "broadband") and telecommunications company headquartered in Navi Mumbai, India. RCOM is India's largest 4th telecom operator .It is the 15th largest mobile phone operator with over 150 million subscribers. Established in 2002, it is a subsidiary of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
- Subsidiary Reliance Telecommunication Limited (RTL) operates in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, kolkata Himachal Pradesh, Odisha, Bihar, Assam, and the northeast of India. It first offered GSM services in January 2003.
- Reliance Tech Services is the IT services wing of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group. It provides IT consultancy, business process outsourcing and software development for Reliance Communications and other ADA group companies.
- Reliance Globalcom owns the Fiber-Optic Link Around the Globe undersea cable system
- RIDC provides Internet data centre (IDC) services located in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai.
- FLAG Telecom
- Yipes ethernet service
On 19 May 2010, the 3G spectrum auction in India ended. Reliance Communications paid ₹ 58642.9 million for spectrum in 13 circles. The circles it will provide 3G in are Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Assam, North East, Jammu & Kashmir. RCOM recently has started to offer 3G services through network sharing in the states where it does not hold license for 3G operations. Reliance provides 3G services in Uttar Pradesh East through Aircel's 3G network and in Uttar Pradesh West through Tata Docomo's 3G network and it allows Tata Docomo customers to roam on Reliance's network in Delhi, where Tata Docomo does not operate. On 11 June 2010, the broadband wireless access (BWA) or 4G spectrum auction in India ended. Infotel Broadband, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries, won pan-India licence in the auction across 22 circles, the only telecom operator other than state-owned BSNL/MTNL to do so. Infotel paid the government ₹ 128477.7 million for the licence.
According to Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) director-general Rajan S. Mathews, Reliance Industries was expected to launch 4G services in December 2011. They were expected to use LTE technology. On 25 May 2012, RCom announced a price reduction of 61% on its 3G services.
On 31 January 2013, Reliance announced its partnership with Lenovo to market co-branded smartphones in India. The smartphones were said to use the Android operating system and have dual-core processors.
- "Reliance Communications Financial Annual Results For 2012 - 2013" (PDF). Rcom.co.in. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Mobile subscriber base now all time high at 97 crore". dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Telecom Investment: At its Peak". Telecom & Networking Communications Today. 3 December 2009. Archived from the original on 28 January 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "RCom launches 3G services in 3 cities". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 14 December 2010.
- "Reliance Industries buys 95% stake in Infotel Broadband for Rs 4,800 cr". The Times of India. 12 June 2010.
- Nikhil Pahwa (11 June 2010). "India’s Broadband Wireless Auction Ends". Medianama.com. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Jha, Nilabh (21 September 2011). "Reliance to launch 4G by December". Themobileindian.com. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "RCom slashes 3G tariff by 61%". The Times of India. 25 May 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Reliance Improved their 3g with MIMO Technology". Teletechnology of India. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Reliance, in a deal with Lenovo to offer co-branded Jelly Bean smartphones to consumers". TechIt.in. 1 February 2013.