The Relli River is a small Himalayan river in the Indian states of Sikkim and West Bengal, flowing near Kalimpong. The source of the Relli lies in Sikkim at an elevation of 5,500 feet (1,700 m). The river runs less than 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) from central Kalimpong, separated by Deolo Hill. It flows into the Teesta River about 17 kilometres (11 mi) to the south of central Kalimpong.
The northerly slopes along the Relli in Upper Echhay Sherpagaon, in Sikkim, are home to a cluster of some 50 Sherpa households. The village of Relli is located on its banks downriver from Kalimpong, connected to the city by road and trails.
Rinchingpong, a tourist area situated in the northern part of Kalimpong, overlooks the Relli. The Relli is a popular weekend destination among Kalimpong locals for attractions including local cuisine, picnicking spots, boating, and recreational fishing. A Wayside Inn managed by the West Bengal Tourism Department is located nearby.
- Desai, Kiran (2006). The Inheritance of Loss (reprint ed.). Grove Press. p. 157, 288. ISBN 0802142818. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "About Relli River Information-Kalimpong". West Bengal. Hop Around India online. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- A. B. Willoughby; John R. Walter; F. A. Fowlie (1973). The Orchid digest 37. Orchid Digest Corporation. p. 42. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- India Handbook. Footprint handbooks. Trade & Travel Publications. 2000. p. 618. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Amitabha Basu, K. C. Malhotra, ed. (1984). Proceedings of the Indian Statistical Institute Golden Jubilee International Conference on Human Genetics and Adaptation: Human genetics 1. Indian Statistical Institute. p. 309. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- The Rough Guide to India. Rough Guides (8 ed.). Penguin. 2011. p. 790. ISBN 1405385839. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Relli River". Kalimponglive online. 2011-05-15. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Bindloss, Joe (2009). Lonely Planet Northeast India. Regional Guide Series (2d ed.). Lonely Planet. p. 168. ISBN 174179319X. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Hilker, Deb Shova Kansakar (2005). Syamukapu: The Lhasa Newars of Kalimpong and Kathmandu. Vajra Publications. ISBN 99946-644-6-8. Retrieved 2011-08-12.